Trouble assigning textures in Nifskope 1.2.0

Wydra

This is my first time trying to import a custom mesh with custom textures into the game. Started very simple, all was going well until it was time to assign textures in Nifskope. No matter what, I can't assign textures to the model in Nifskope (I'm using version 2.0). It says they're there, but none of them will display and the textures are missing in Skyrim/CK. I tried looking up tutorials to see if I've been going about this the wrong way, but people in the tutorials seem to be doing the exact same thing I've been doing, yet it works for them (they seem to be using an older versons of Nifskope though).

I'm completely stuck at this point. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you can offer any insight I'll greatly appreciate it!

Edited to add: I have the Skyrim data folder added to options>settings>resources

Edited by Wydra

For what i can see this is a custom made mesh, if you haven't done a potato and haven't add UV sets in the program you created the mesh, then the next thing that's coming to my mind is that you havent assign the correct properties to shader flag 1 & shader flag 2, if so :

1) Go to BSLightingShaderProperty

2) In Shader Flag 1 add.

SLF1_Specular > SLF1_Recive_Shadows > SLF1_Cast_Shadows > SLF1_Own_Emit > SLF1_Remappable_Textures > SLF1_ZBuffer_Test

3) In Shader Flag 2 add :

SLF2_ZBuffer_White > SLF2_Vertex_Colors > SLF2_EnvMap_Light_Fade

3) In Texture Clamp Mode add :

WRAP_S_WRAP_T

Already have those in place, so probably my mesh is a potato after all, haha. I tried assigning custom textures to an existing model just now and something happened, so it definitely is my issue with my model. I'll try improving or redoing it completely. Thank you so much for helping me identify the issue!

There are a lot that could be the problem, like in NiTriShapeData, in Vector Flags you haven't assign UV_Set_1 Has_Tangets.

My advise is.

1) Open a similar vanilla mesh in NifSkope and go through all the properties one by one compering them to yours to see if you missed something.

OR

2) Find an online tutorial and follow each step.

There are so many things involve when creating a mesh that is easy to missed - messed up something, and quite difficult to write them all down in a post here.

I've been trying to copy the properties an from existing mesh like you're saying, but there's just so many, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. I'll try finding other tutorials than what I've tried so far, as well as keep experimenting myself. I really appreciate your help, thank you so much!

Thanks for the link! Altough I've figured out what I've been doing wrong, it's actually super stupid and way simplier than I thought... I just placed the number corresponding to the texture set in the controller window instead of well, texture set. I feel so bad about it, but also glad it's not a bigger issue. The textures are working now and it turns out I've absolutely butchered them with my newbie uv maps, haha.

Thank you for your time and willingness to help, and I hope you have a lovely day!