Oblivion Load Order Issue (Unique Landscapes and Better Cities in BOSS)

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty inexperienced with running mods, so I'm having a bit of trouble with Unique Landscapes and Better Cities; primarily with floating foliage, half-missing hills, transparent ground, etc. I was able to determine that the problems came from these mods through a lengthy process of trial and elimination. They were running better (still with some problems) when I manually placed them near the bottom of my load list. Upon suggestion, I installed and ran BOSS, and that made them work much worse than they'd been. I've included a linked screenshot of what my load order looks like in Wrye Bash after I ran BOSS. If anyone could help me determine a better load order, I'd really appreciate any help or advice! I'm very new to all this!

Here are my mods: https://i.imgur.com/kS5m4HW.png

Here is an example of a problem I'm having:

Edited by AlienGuardian

What happens if you sort them with LOOT?

Did you use TES4LODGen and/or TES4LL?

I'd heard that LOOT shouldn't be used in Oblivion, but I'll give it a try. I don't have either TES4LODGen or TES4LL installed.

I noticed you have some extra xul UL mods before the all in one UL esp. May be a problem?

I'd wondered about that, but the instructions for the mod weren't very clear on which ones I actually needed. I'll try both of your suggestions and post the results tonight when I'm home. Thanks for your help so far!

Fairly certain ul patches need to go after what they patch.

Just for example;

Ul_merged.esp

Bettercities.esp

Bettercities-ul_merged-patch.esp

Watch the dependencies for a mod in the lower right corner of wrye bash, when you highlight a mod.

Edited by ReverendFelix

Fairly certain ul patches need to go after what they patch.

Just for example;

Ul_merged.esp

Bettercities.esp

Bettercities-ul_merged-patch.esp

Watch the dependencies for a mod in the lower right corner of wrye bash, when you highlight a mod.

I've just tried this, and am still having the same problem. Having tried LOOT, BOSS, Wrye Bash, OBMM, Vortex, etc. I feel completely at a loss. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall both Better Cities and Unique Landscapes plus the compatibility mod to see if that will fix it. I'll report back later; thanks for everyone's input!

Cool. The best thing you can do is learn the "logical load order" method. It pretty much means knowing what a mod does, and placing it in your list accordingly, based on changes from other mods. Wrye bash tagging is your friend too. Learn it... This is a secret to mass modding your game that has really worked for me. Good luck:)

• 2 months later...

Iâve recently been sorting this stuff out. Most important thing has been to make sure you get the most recent versions of the mods. As of today, that means BC v6 and UL v2 and v13 of the patches.

Install UL before BC, and load UL before BC. When Iâve had problems Iâve:

- trashed the existing LandMagic .esp, if there was one

- gone back into Wrye Bashâs âInstallersâ tab and uninstalled BC

- then immediately reinstalled BC

- then gone to the âModsâ tab and re-enabled BC and all the patches.

Went into the game and that seemed to fix everything, so then I:

- ran Land Magic and enabled its new .esp

- ran TES4LODGen

EDIT - sorry, this forum canât seem to handle apostrophes?

Edited by subtled0ct0r