Any news yet on skse64 and skyui_se yet

moonraker481

Ok so you what me to go out side of vortex and install manually that isnt happing I have no scripts in my skyrim se data folder . And on top of that I have no mod mager or achieve tools so let me ask this I can get back the files I lost after I uninstall from steam can I delete skyrim se from my hard drive or not ?

Moonraker, are you saying you don't want to, or that you don't believe you're able to because you don't see a scripts folder in Data? If that is the case, the general rule is you can/must create any files you're missing, as they won't always be there. The vanilla assets are all archived, so unless you've previously installed some mod that introduces a certain folder, you would just create the one you need, and any sub folders as well.

Ok so you what me to go out side of vortex and install manually that isnt happing I have no scripts in my skyrim se data folder . And on top of that I have no mod mager or achieve tools so let me ask this I can get back the files I lost after I uninstall from steam can I delete skyrim se from my hard drive or not ?

If you have no Mod Manager, what was the point of trying to convert SKSE64 to an installable Mod for Vortex to use?

Did you just UNINSTALL everything instead of following ANY advice given?

So you'd rather just completely remove Skyrim SE from your hard drive, than to manually copy a few files to your game directory?

Wow, OK.

Not sure WHY you're so against unzipping 3 files and dragging them into your game directory, then dragging a SCRIPTS folder into your Data directory, but, to each their own.

You would've been playing DAYS ago, if you had just installed SKSE64 manually, instead of incorrectly following the directions for turning SKS64 into an installable mod.

1. I have deleted so many files from my skyrim se that I was to manually install it who to say if it would work .

2. Vortex said that I could use there program to install scripts extenders so vortex lye .

3. I have uninstalled from steam and deleted it from my hard drive and know I'm waiting for it to down load .

4. I'm one of these people that could @#$% up a iron avl with a rubber hammer but once it down loads I'm going to try .

It's not a lie it's just not necessary and most of us don't bother installingwith a manager. Seriously if this is such a hassle for you skse is on steam. Just go to the store and look it up and install it there. Apparently it's rather nice because it keeps itself updated so you don't have to reinstall every month or so.

2. Vortex said that I could use there program to install scripts extenders so vortex lye .

Vortex said you could use Vortex to install the script extender, but first you have to follow the tutorial, of unpackaging the archive, and repackaging it properly so Vortex can install it properly.

Nobody is LYING to you.

If the scripts folder already existed in your data folder, and is where it should be, you shouldn't have to move it anywhere. It should stay right there.

Something that might help you a bit, a shortcut of sorts, is to extract the items from the SKSE archive, which should give you a folder called SKSE64_2_00_16. Open that, and it should contain a few different files and a couple of folders. HIghlight that entire ball of wax and drag or cut/paste it into your Skyrim SE directory. Unless you've taken a custom approach to installing Skyrim SE, this is commonly

c > program files (x86) > steam > steam apps > common > skyrim special edition

Once you place the whole mess in there, and delete the previous version's .dll, you should have a working installation, though you will have a folder and a couple of text files you don't need, but they shouldn't hurt you either. The way the archive is packaged, if you do that, the .exe and .dll files will be right where they need to be, and the information that needs to go into data > scripts will go there automatically, because the same folder structure exists already in the SKSE archive. You can safely delete the Src folder and the txt files, if you would like, before moving it over, but the easy button method is just to put the whole thing right there.

So you should see SKSE64_1_5_80.dll right next to the dll for whatever previous game version you were using, whether it was 1_5_73 or whatever. Don't forget to get rid of the old version.

Edited by thumbincubation