I want a can of Spaghetti O's! That I can eat.

PizzaKats

You can just stick a new label on one of the tin cans. I could make the entire mod in about a minute for you. It's easy.

The issue though is that Spaghetti O's is an actual brand that is owned by Campbell's (Franco American is owned by Campbell's). Putting a real Spaghetti O's label or even just calling them Spaghetti O's would be a trademark violation. Only Campbell's makes Spaghetti O's. There are generics out there, but they aren't Spaghetti O's. I found one called Spaghetti Rings and another one called Spaghetti Ring Pasta. No one can make anything called Spaghetti O's except for Campbell's (and anyone that they license the name to).

You want canned spaghetti? No problem. You want actual Spaghetti O's? Nope. Not gonna happen. It's trademarked. Can't use it.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a mod of it! Besides I'm pretty sure that making a mod like that won't cause that company to just loose it's customers they wouldn't even care! But maybe I could just learn how to make the mod and everything.

Edited by PizzaKats

FYI: It's not a question of causing the company to lose customers (though they won't ignore that). It's that if they do not vigorously defend their trademark (worth multiple thousands but more probably millions, at least), they lose it as it falls into "generic use". If you create such a mod for yourself only, then there is no problem. If someone else creates it for you or you publish it, then that is "trademark infringement" which gets sued to protect the trademark. They simply cannot afford to ignore it.

-Dubious-

You are really only needing to put your custom texture on an existing "can" mesh. Other than the artistic difficulty of creating the image you want, this is an excellent beginner mod project.

Please see the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. In particular: the "Blender", "NifSkope", and "Custom Items" sections. Other tutorials focusing on other items (such as custom weapons and armor) discuss the same basic issues in terms of those particular items, but adding a custom texture to an existing mesh is the same issue for them all. The Blender tutorial "Noob to Pro" is highly recommended for someone new to creating a mod texture.

-Dubious-

Besides like would me making this mod and then uploading it to nexus be illegal?

Yes. It's a trademark violation, and the Nexus could be sued for hosting it.

Like I said, if you want canned spaghetti, I can make that for you in a matter of minutes. If you want actual Spaghetti O's, that ain't gonna happen. Companies have to enforce their trademarks or they can lose them, so they take these things very seriously.

If you intentionally violate copyrights or trademarks, in addition to removing your mod, the Nexus can ban your account for it.

Edited by madmongo

I'll settle for a canned spaghetti.. But someday I'll bring Canned Spaghetti O's to the Mojave. As maybe they'll be a way to ask them if they'd be okay with it. The reason why I questioned if it was illegal was because Last time i checked there was a mod on Bethesda for console that added Sprite, Coke a Cola, Mountain Dew to the game. I've actually just sent them a email asking for permission. Now we play the waiting game for 2 business days or more.

Edited by PizzaKats