Import from NMM

rmm200

This post mirrors a feature suggestion I submitted through Vortex.

Recognizing that this is just my opinion, I thought others may feel differently.

Every single person I have encountered that Hated Vortex - without exception - tried to import their mods from NMM.
This feature is simply not worth the potential aggravation.
Users wind up with left-over bits and pieces of NMM in the game directory, and - worst case - deleted files getting merged back into their Vortex mods, leaving the mods folder empty.
If you want happy Vortex users - require them to remove all NMM installed mods and clean their game directory.
Then start simple - use Vortex to install a couple of mods - until they know what they are doing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough I spoke to Tannin about the NMM import functionality, and whether the pros outweigh the cons of having the functionality, in our Monday meeting earlier on in the day before this post. It's something we plan to review soon.

Guest deleted34304850

i dont know if you keep such data, but i would be interested to understand how many support issues originate from an attempted import from nmm to vortex, which immediately puts the user on the back foot, and marks vortex as the bad guy.

i suppose i could go off and simply count the number of threads in the support forum that establish an import from nmm at some point in the process.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

It's just common sense. If the issue with NMM imports is the possibility of corrupted files and it can't fixed in a future release, then that feature should be removed.

I I could figure out how to do it - I would copy that Gif to my Feedback!

Expresses my feelings - exactly.

Right click on the picture and pick "Save As..".then give it a filename that's friendly and save it to your drive

OR, you can left click on the picture, when it comes up in it's own popup, right click on it and "Save As..."