• 2,144,813 posts
How to Play Skyrim Together - Skyrim Multiplayer Mod Setup Guide

Freshbrood

Freshbrood

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does this work on Oldrim/Legendary edition? I downloaded the Harbor app and it ONLY looks for SkyrimSE. I think it's so profoundly foolish and shortsighted if they are only making this available for SE edition. The standard edition is taxing enough on the average computer that we already need to lower display settings and resolutions to get it to run smoothly without lag. Most of us do not own super high end, $2,000+ gaming pc's. Also, Skyrim standard has tons more mods.

ciberzombie

ciberzombie

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
In response to post #79066268.

Spoiler

my pc is 5 years old and it costed 600 euro at store (when i bough it 5 years ago, and it was almost previous gen at that time) it runs skyrim legendary on max settings 60+ fps usualy near 80 but i limited fps to calm down the physics of game, and my special edition is running on above medium at about 60 fps, again i limited to 60 for same reason, have quite few mods but no enb's or weather overhauls. so yea 2000 dolar mac can NOT handle skyrim vanila on low (sarcasm). did you instaled hd texture pack from bethesda? if yes then you have almost special edition requirements for the computer AND quite bit of additional bugs and less optimization than special or even base skyrim

Edited by ciberzombie, 07 April 2020 - 06:05 AM.

AbsolutGrndZer0

AbsolutGrndZer0

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

So I have a question about something with this mod, say I have a unique outfit mod installed and I am wearing it, how will I appear in other players games? Will I be running around "naked" (whatever that means in their game) or will the mod default something to approximate... like DXDeserter's Red Riding Hood outfit is light armor of the elven tier, so would it show as elven armor, or would I be as I said running around "naked" to everyone else?  I do understand they won't see the Red Riding Hood outfit unless they also have the mod.

BlackWolfy

BlackWolfy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
In response to post #79394793.

Spoiler

i haven't actually tested or tried this bear in mind, so take what i'm about to say with a grain of salt. or the whole shaker since i'm about to give you some "he says she says" explination

i haven't used skyrim together with mods but a friend that has claims it's all good and fine everything should work as normal. BUT the items you're wearing will not *display* for other players. IE yes you will be running around naked to them if they don't have the mod that adds your clothes. and if they have a.. ehum "fleshy" mod then you will be NAKED. but you'll still have red riding hood's AC/enchantments.

(which brings up the question what happens to mods that affect the environment? like legacy of the dragonborn)

BlackWolfy

BlackWolfy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
In response to post #79394793. #79610743 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

if you want a more absolute answer, i'd be more than happy to meet up with you in a public game using modded equipment to find out. ngl i'm kinda curious myself

therandom2

therandom2

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

can i use this mod on my Xbox 360 console

AtomocSkull

AtomocSkull

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
In response to post #79627083.

Spoiler

No of course not. You can't install software on a Xbox.

koolkid2

koolkid2

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In response to post #79066268. #79168678 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Skyrim is taxing? Are you joking? Even a 300 dollar pc today could run that game even the special edition isn't that more taxing. If you're trying to game on intel integrated graphics- there's your problem. Most people playing skyrim have at least a semi-decent computer.

watermarkz

watermarkz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
In response to post #79394793. #79610743, #79611973 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

as long as every player in your lobby has that exact mod, and how you modified it, they can see it. i recommend copying your mods file location and sending it to your friends

but if not, you will appear in your underwear

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.055 seconds