Req Advice/Help with Samurai Katanas mod

kadra

Mod in question:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3710

I've been trying to make them work with AMM (by editing the AMM script) and successfully for the most part, except that the scabbard can only be used with the steel sword and remains in the same position if you load it for the silver sword (which comes as no surprise). And naturally it has the same position if you just convert the swords to silver and use them without AMM (which I've also been able to do with a couple of issues).

I'd like to know what would have to be done specifically in order to make a version of the scabbard for the silver sword, so that it could be used with AMM or simply to make a standalone silver swords version for people that don't use AMM.

I'm new to TW3 modding, so I've little to no knowledge of the game's internals and I've no modeling skills whatsoever, but I do have some modding experience in general, so I could try and make it happen. But first I need to know what it would entail and assess my abilities. Any advice would be appreciated, better still, if you can make that happen - I'm certain I would not be the only one to thank you.

There's the issue of making the results public. The uploader of the mod seems to have permission now from the original authors of those katanas and would also like to have them as silver swords. Should this endeavour bear fruit it could be simply made public on the same mod page.

Edited by kadra

To make the question more specific:

How is the scabbard position determined in the game files?

The game clearly has no issue with converting swords from steel to silver and places them correctly. But not the scabbard. Can the game auto-adjust scabbard position as it does with the swords at all? If not, is it stored in the model file itself or somewhere else?

The mod assets include w2ent files, but when opening them with Wolven kit I cannot edit all the text strings that I see when I look at the file with a hex editor. And I'm not even sure that would change anything, they might be just materials or something else.

Edited by kadra