Exporting the full mod list

bamani71

Worked perfectly, almost. I noticed that if you have multiple versions of a mod (from updates), they all show up. But in reality they are only installed once. See "Asterra Many Fixes" in my list. The "0d" version is the one actually installed.

Don't forget, you can simply click on the Version drop down next to each updated mod, and by clicking on that Screwdriver Symbol (The circle with he Line) you can delete the older versions of the mod.

Yes. I should clean that up.

• 1 year later...

Many Thanks rmm200 !!

Finally somebody with the knowledge clearly answered the question! You have saved my sanity.

I have been trying to figure out how to SAVE A FILE LIST OF MY CURRENT MODS for quite a while. I have looked at couple dozen posts on various sites asking about this and the answers all assumed a level of knowledge that would make it pointless to ask the question in the first place.

answers I found before:

"do the thing where you save a dir in cmd" ...Yes, I shall go forth and "do the thing". It is all so clear now. How could I have not have tried that first?

"save a copy from the staging folder" ... there are no instructions in these instructions.

"go to mod folder. save file list" ...Is this an answer to my question or question about my question?

"take screen shots.."

"Vortex doesn't do that"

You get the idea.

This might be the reason that the Vortex team has not included such a simple function and are not prioritizing it. They cannot imagine NOT knowing how command prompts work (or that they exist at all). They are obviously helpful, but the question must sound like nonsense, of the height of laziness.

To be honest, even rmm200’s instructions required me to go read a bit about cmd and powershell before I could make it work.

I have limited computer literacy but I can follow directions. The Vortex Knowledge Base would benefit from a very clear set of instructions on how to save a Mod list as a txt file.

• 8 months later...
Guest deleted34304850

it depends what you mean by "simple answer".

if you want to click a button and have a list generated then the answer is no.

if you want a list of mods you have to put a bit of effort in. as in the replies to this post.

Guest deleted34304850

Many Thanks rmm200 !!

Finally somebody with the knowledge clearly answered the question! You have saved my sanity.

I have been trying to figure out how to SAVE A FILE LIST OF MY CURRENT MODS for quite a while. I have looked at couple dozen posts on various sites asking about this and the answers all assumed a level of knowledge that would make it pointless to ask the question in the first place.

answers I found before:

"do the thing where you save a dir in cmd" ...Yes, I shall go forth and "do the thing". It is all so clear now. How could I have not have tried that first?

"save a copy from the staging folder" ... there are no instructions in these instructions.

"go to mod folder. save file list" ...Is this an answer to my question or question about my question?

"take screen shots.."

"Vortex doesn't do that"

You get the idea.

This might be the reason that the Vortex team has not included such a simple function and are not prioritizing it. They cannot imagine NOT knowing how command prompts work (or that they exist at all). They are obviously helpful, but the question must sound like nonsense, of the height of laziness.

To be honest, even rmm200’s instructions required me to go read a bit about cmd and powershell before I could make it work.

I have limited computer literacy but I can follow directions. The Vortex Knowledge Base would benefit from a very clear set of instructions on how to save a Mod list as a txt file.

if you want this - then your best bet is to send feedback to the vortex devs by clicking the three vertical dots in vortex right next to your username and selecting the cunningly titled "send feedback" option.

if enough people want this then it may happen at some point in the future.

doing that is much better than adding a "me too" to a forum post, or, like the poster above putting up a post, calling out answers people have provided.

you don't need to be a computer genius to send feedback along. do that - it works.