Game Not Recognizing Texture & Mesh Files in SSEEdit Overwrites Folder

AlarictheVisgoth

What the title says.

This issue has occurred with more than one food mod I've attempted to add new items, recipes, mesh and textures for. Using MO2 with all other mod utilities i.e.. SSEEdit, CK, LOOT etc. etc. setup to run through MO2. Also launch the game through MO2.

Using resources from the Mealtime - A Food and Recipe mod. This is an Oldrim mod that wasn't ported to SSE. So used SSE Nif Optimizer and CK to update the mesh/texture and plugin files. But this modder resource isn't installed. I'm only using its mesh/texture file resources. Using the custom food mod file path to place these files in loose leaf format in the MO2 overrides folder. Then moving them into their mod folders once in game testing to check functionality is complete.

By this method, used the updated modder food resource to add a new food ingredient to the Osare Food Mod (another Oldrim mod which I updated for SSE for my own use). The custom foods in the Osare Food mod show up and work just fine as they did in Oldrim. But I also wanted Imp's More Complex Needs hunger/thirst mod to recognize the custom foods from the Osare mod. So created a patch for these two mods in SSEEdit. Then made both Osare Food and Imp's mod as masters to the patch.

• Copied an existing Osare recipe as override into the newly created IMCN patch in SSEEdit.
  • Added a custom food item (coffee beans) as a new food item and used this as an alchemy item to the recipe override.
  • Added a new TSXT for the new coffee beans item in the MO2 overwrite\textures sub folder. So the coffee beans item finds its TXST files in the
  • Osare Food\Coffee Beans\Coffee Beans.dds and Osare Food\Coffee Beans\Coffee Beans_n.dds

Note: these paths are different from the original modder's food resource path since I wasn't using the original food modder's suite.

• Added the mesh file path for the Coffee Beans record in the MO2 overrides folder i.e.

Osare Food\Coffee Beans\Coffee Beans.nif

Saved the updated patch plugin in SSEEdit and then launched the game. The updated coffee recipe and raw coffee item textures showed up like they should. The IMCN hunger needs Patch worked like it should upon drinking the coffee.

Exited the game and added another food item (e.g. cocoa powder) from the same modder's food resource mod.

Made sure to match the Osare Food mod file path in SSEEdit for the Meshes and Texture files in the MO2 Overwrite folder i.e.

Meshes

Osare Food\cocoas.nif

Textures

Osare Food\Raw Cocoa\Cocoas.dds and Osare Food\Raw Cocoa\Cocoas_n.dds

With exception of the file path, made no changes to the original food mod resource file name i.e. cocoas.nif like before.

Used the console to add the raw cocoa ingredient to PC inventory as before with raw coffee beans. But now the game keeps CTD every time I open the inventory menu. The game will allow the cook pot to be activated/opened. You can scroll through the recipes until you get to the hot cocoa recipe (which requires the custom food raw cocoa food item). At that point, the game CTD.

Not sure why this is happening since the coffee beans works without issues. The only difference between the coffee bean and cocoa food items is that the coffee bean recipe was copied as an override into the IMCN food patch. And the cocoa food item was created as a new food item in the existing IMCN food patch.

This CTD issue only happens with custom food item that use custom mesh/textures. Using vanilla items to add recipes, custom textures and meshes for other custom food mods work without problems. I tried adding the updated custom food mod to the overrides folder. Then changing the mesh/texture paths to the custom food mod directory ie.

Overwrite Meshes folder

mealtimeyum\cocoas.nif

Overwrite Textures folder

mealtimeyum\cocoas.dds and mealtimeyum\cocoas_n.dds

But this also didn't work. Any suggestions?

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth