Mod Organizer sorting cause strange bugs

Kamila11101

Hello;

So 2 days ago I was merging some of the mods that I have. Everything works well ,even in new game. But then I saw window from MO that shows something about "Potencial mod order problem" and without thinking I give it a try. And well- most of things stopped working correctly. For example i wasn't able to activate or deactivate some mods in game or even change their settings. Then I wanted to check this on new game. I still had problems and I get new one - name problem. I set my name in showracemenu whe I started new game (Skyrim Unbound mod) and console ,saves ,menu shows my name correctly. But when I open mods like Fertility Mode or Locational Damage(SKSE plugin) I saw there other names. First it was Jurgan ,second( when I tried do new character) - Sonrri Gold-Hilt and at the third time it was Prisoner. I tried many times showracemenu to change my name but this only affected console ,saves ,menu etc but no mods.
I don't know what I should do - I didn't do backup of my modlist before trying MO sorting feature.
It's there another way to restore my previous modlist without backup?

Hi I've had similar problem with mod organiser and just posted a similar problem, never had it this bad with NNM. Thought this Mod organizer was the answer to all my modding prayers until it killed my set up completely now. hope you get a helpful answer from a modding God? I,ll be watching as a newbie (1 week in) Good luck

The failed plugins are:

• Couldn't load CharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll (data). The last error code was 126.

• Couldn't load chargen.dll (data). The last error code was 126.

WTF

If you don't have a backup of your load order, your kinda screwed. Your best bet is to redo your load order according to these rules:

#01: Your ESM Files;
#02: Bug-Fix type Mods;
#03: Game Structure and/or UI Mods:
#04: Character Appearance Mods (For NPCs and Self);
#05: Mods that Add and/or Change Items;
#06: Mods that Add and/or Change NPCs;
#07: Mods that Add and/or Change Locations;
#08: Mods that Add and/or Change Navmesh;
#09: Texture Mods;
#10: Environmental Mods (things like Climates of Tamriel, Sounds of Skyrim, etc.);
#12: Mods with Gameplay Changes; Then,
#13: Reproccers, AV, and Bashed Patches.

Once you get it set, make a backup :tongue:. If MO throws that error again, skip the sorting but take a screenshot and post it, so we can figure out what the actual problem is.

Well ,to restore my modlist to "working" I tried this : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71625 Mod Order Organizer.
So basically I sorted my modlist by plugins and this seemed to help other minor bugs with mods but name was still a problem.
So i tried to find my answer in google and i found this post on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3vu7to/help_my_summons_and_reanimated_bodies_belong_to/
He had problem with real names and to get his name work he needed to disable real names for new game.
It doeasn't work for me so I started searching again.
in comment of Real Names I found comment that described workaround for "name" problem. It was Jaxonn Renamer.
Here is his comment : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71464/?tab=posts name : flairtorc

If you don't have a backup of your load order, your kinda screwed. Your best bet is to redo your load order according to these rules:

#01: Your ESM Files;
#02: Bug-Fix type Mods;
#03: Game Structure and/or UI Mods:
#04: Character Appearance Mods (For NPCs and Self);
#05: Mods that Add and/or Change Items;
#06: Mods that Add and/or Change NPCs;
#07: Mods that Add and/or Change Locations;
#08: Mods that Add and/or Change Navmesh;
#09: Texture Mods;
#10: Environmental Mods (things like Climates of Tamriel, Sounds of Skyrim, etc.);
#12: Mods with Gameplay Changes; Then,
#13: Reproccers, AV, and Bashed Patches.

Once you get it set, make a backup :tongue:. If MO throws that error again, skip the sorting but take a screenshot and post it, so we can figure out what the actual problem is.

Well now everything is working and I made backup 2 times to be sure

To be fair I never do my load order in way that you prescribed. And I know that with over 500 mods I should have sorted this list but..It's to much for me. It is stupid but I had 9before MO sorting) a very stable load order. 0 CTD in 4+ hours of playing ,> Now it is pretty stable too (I had only 2 CTD in Bleak falls barrow (maybe because do saves with autosave manager and only manully..who knows ),but since I try to save every 20-30 minutes everything work great.
Right now my MO tell me that I can have some problem with this mods:

https://imgur.com/a/XVVfnI7

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you're using MO over MO2? Nobody has ever clarified the difference between them for me. I've been using MO2 and haven't had this problem.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you're using MO over MO2? Nobody has ever clarified the difference between them for me. I've been using MO2 and haven't had this problem.

Well I heard that MO 2 was built to support 64 bit version of programs (bodyslide). And MO was built specially for 32 bit version of Oldrim so it is much more safe in my opinion

Oh. I've been playing oldrim on MO2 without much trouble. What trouble there was usually ended up being my fault.

So from above it looks like you guys are using MO to sort the load order. I've been using LOOT through MO2 to sort my load order. MO2's own sorting tended to cause trouble once I had more than 50 mods. It was close to LOOT but not always (probably because LOOT updates more frequently) Maybe try a similar approach?

Oh. I've been playing oldrim on MO2 without much trouble. What trouble there was usually ended up being my fault.

So from above it looks like you guys are using MO to sort the load order. I've been using LOOT through MO2 to sort my load order. MO2's own sorting tended to cause trouble once I had more than 50 mods. It was close to LOOT but not always (probably because LOOT updates more frequently) Maybe try a similar approach?

LOOT through MO is an option I should have recommended, but didn't because I don't typically use it myself. Shame on me :whistling:

As to all of the conflicts...Why do you have two versions of CACO? Also, To Have and to Hold is known to cause savegame issues. As to the rest, I can't say off hand, if you notice any issues related to any of those mods, you can try moving things around. Sorry I don't have better advice on this one!

I use LOOT to sort plugin order but MO proposed to sort mod order (left side of MO window) . And yes MO sometimes have problems when there is certain amount of modifications,