How can I get Blockhead working with Vortex?

Hello. I've been trying for three days to get OCO V2 to work for Oblivion. But no matter what I do I always get the "Install Blockhead" face on the Elves, Orcs and Redguards. I've tried manually installing, installing with vortex, uninstalling and reinstalling both ways. Am I missing something?

Let me know if I'm posting in the wrong forums.

Edited by MrJellyfish877

Check your Oblivion\Data\OBSE\plugins\ folder and make sure Blockhead.dll and blockead.ini are in it.

Also, you're not going to be able to just download and install a lot of oblivion mods "as-is" because this was back in the day before any standards were developed for zipping up mods.
So you'll have to download them, unzip them, and repackage them, depending on how they're zipped up

Check your Oblivion\Data\OBSE\plugins\ folder and make sure Blockhead.dll and blockead.ini are in it.

Also, you're not going to be able to just download and install a lot of oblivion mods "as-is" because this was back in the day before any standards were developed for zipping up mods.

So you'll have to download them, unzip them, and repackage them, depending on how they're zipped up

Okay. I downloaded blockhead. But there is no ini file.

The ini file is created the first time blockhead.dll is run.

Look in your games root directory (where oblivion.exe is)

you should have obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe, and if you started the game with the obse_loader.exe,

you will also have obse_loader.log and obse.log.

If you have done everything correctly, the obse.log will have a line like

"plugin e:\games\oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll (00000002 Blockhead 0B00390B) loaded correctly"

Common reasons for this not working are 1, you put the 2 obse dll's and the loader in the oblivion\data folder and not the oblivion folder.

Or 2, you installed obse correctly, but didn't launch the game with the obse_loader.exe

Or 3, you have the GOG version of Oblivion, and are not using the GOG version of the obse_loader.exe.

The ini file is created the first time blockhead.dll is run.

Look in your games root directory (where oblivion.exe is)

you should have obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe, and if you started the game with the obse_loader.exe,

you will also have obse_loader.log and obse.log.

If you have done everything correctly, the obse.log will have a line like

"plugin e:\games\oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll (00000002 Blockhead 0B00390B) loaded correctly"

Common reasons for this not working are 1, you put the 2 obse dll's and the loader in the oblivion\data folder and not the oblivion folder.

Or 2, you installed obse correctly, but didn't launch the game with the obse_loader.exe

Or 3, you have the GOG version of Oblivion, and are not using the GOG version of the obse_loader.exe.

Okay. When Try that it tells me to launch the game through Steam. And whenever I launch the game through Steam it freezes whenever I open or close my journal/inventory.

Okay. When Try that it tells me to launch the game through Steam. And whenever I launch the game through Steam it freezes whenever I open or close my journal/inventory.

Alright, I don't have the steam version, so I can only post this from the obse_readme.txt

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.