[WIP] Cerwiden -SMART Healer- Dev Opinion Poll 3

Mujuro

Cerwiden's Development Path, Part 3  

194 members have voted

1. 1. With v1.6 and Ceri's ability to recognize (and have minor party banter with) other followers, if she was to have more meaningful interaction with another follower in the future, who would that follower be?

• A vanilla Skyrim follower (post who you'd like)
    • Vilja, by Emma
    • Atvir Dres, by JanusForbeare
    • A companion from another mod (post the companion and mod)
    • I don't care about NPC interaction with Ceri
  2. 2. Should Ceri's questline (why she's in Skyrim) be dependent on the player's progress on Skyrim's main quest? (e.g., for those of you who've earned friendship with Ceri, you may notice her responses vary slightly depending on your MQ progress)

• Yes, doing tie-in references to Skyrim's MQ adds to the lore and brings consistency.
    • No, the Skyrim MQ sucked eggs, stay away from it.
    • Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Hi everyone,

Cerwiden's new development opinion and feedback poll is up, and will be open at least until I release v1.7. The current version, v1.6 incorporates the feedback received on the poll I released during v1.5, and includes voice consistency (now that Ceri's moved off FemaleYoungEager to her own custom voice, thanks to ThePoeticOne), a bunch of new dialogue, random party banter and the first installment of her backstory/quest. I've got the basic concept of her questline determined, but would like some feedback/opinions on a couple of areas, and those are the questions for this latest poll. If there are other things you'd like me to consider, please feel free to post a separate comment.

Please understand that with my RL family obligations, work schedule, etc., I won't be able to do "everything" that you all would like me to do (or even what I, personally, would like to achieve). While I can't make any promises, I hope you've all seen that I do try to take your comments and feedback into account with each new Ceri version. :)

Thanks again to everyone who provided suggestions, comments and feedback for Ceri; Ceri wouldn't be where she is today without each and every one of you. :)

Mujuro

EDIT 24 Oct 2012: Thanks for the feedback everyone! Now that Ceri v1.7 is done, I'm closing this poll and will start thinking about how to add more interaction elements for Ceri v1.8. I'll be putting up a new dev poll for Ceri v1.9 shortly. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guess which companion mod I voted for? :whistling:

Regarding the second question, I feel that there's already too much emphasis put on the MQ in vanilla Skyrim (ie. dragon spawns, word walls, etc.). A lot of us don't like to repeat the main quest over and over again, and try to avoid it in subsequent playthroughs. If I were you, I'd try to build upon some peripheral bit of lore, rather than linking Ceri's story directly to Alduin and the dragons.

EDIT: I'm not trying to sway the poll, but in the interest of not raising people's hopes too high, it's worth mentioning that Skyrim Vilja is (last time I checked) in an early developmental stage, and I haven't seen any recent updates nor heard any new news about her progress in several months. Since 95% of the information about her on the Nexus came from me (apparently Emma is aware that she has no need to promote her work ;)), it might be worth double-checking with Emma, to make sure that the mod is still on track and in development.

Edited by JanusForbeare

I voted for Vilja.

Janus I am interested in your rather sinister looking character too. Vilja from Oblivion is so highly regarded though I am more keen to try adventuring with her in Skyrim. (I haven't, yet, done so in Oblivion).

Really... interaction with any NPC(s) would just be icing on a cake that already has so much. Yum Yum Yum!

Regarding a tie in with the MQ, well, I haven't done enough of it yet to know if it sucks eggs, but Janus is right, "A lot of us don't like to repeat the main quest over and over again, and try to avoid it in subsequent playthroughs." So keeping Ceri off on her own quest is a good idea.

Edited by jburrowes

Vilja?

Ahem. I'd like to see her have some unique interactions with Lydia. Lydia is so down beat, and Ceri is so up beat it's not funny. They'd be hilarious.

Another interaction with an NPC would be with Colette Marence, the College Restoration trainer. As a healer, Ceri should be extremely enthusiastic about talking to the master healer of the college. Perhaps a good place for her to learn a new spell or two...

Triaxx2,

Vilja. The single most popular companion, by far, for Oblvion.

Another interaction with an NPC would be with Colette Marence, the College Restoration trainer. As a healer, Ceri should be extremely enthusiastic about talking to the master healer of the college. Perhaps a good place for her to learn a new spell or two...

This sounds like a good suggestion.

I would vote for Serana and/or Aela - one is a vampire, the other a werewolf - both contradict with Cerwiden's "healer" philosophy - this could lead to some interesting banter (nee catfight :) ).

Also I second Ceri having some interaction with Colette Marence or Danica Pure-Spring in Whiterun as both are restoration trainers....

I'd never actually heard of Vilja until reading Ceri's thread, mostly because I'd gone to Fallout 3/NV for a while until Skyrim came out because Oblivion had reached a stagnation point when I left.

I do know her now, but the joke was in response to Janus: Guess who I voted for? comment.