So many mods on my Oblivion: advice me

valhalex86

Hello, have a nice day ! In first place, thank you all for this forum

Well... let's se how I start to explain this "issue". I think this is the best subforum to post this thing, but in case that this post is bad posted or in the wrong section, feel free to move it :)

The first Elder Scrolls that I've played was Oblivion, and after playing all of them, is still my favourite. The thing is, I have a lot of mods and I think that is time to stop xD. Of course, I have texture mods, new villages, quests, missions... etc.

For me, OCO, OR, Qarls (or the new mods of upscaled textures), Window lighting system, UL, .and some more that I forgot, are totally necessary. But I need to ask you wich "must-have" mods every Oblivion player must have and install. I know that there are some guides, but I want to ask to this great community

It's very subjective. What do you want the most to give to Oblivion apart for the graphic enhancements?

Indeed! What type of adventure or features are you looking for? There are literally 10's of thousands of tes4 mods...

Well... I really love the vanilla textures, so now that the upscaled mod appeared I Will take it instead of qarl.

I would love a more alive Tamriel, Villages, Castles, Ruins...

My question is more focused on what kind of mods or what mod you would ignore.. I mean, for example.. Let's suppose that I want to install some towns and villages, but there are 100 of them. Should I reject those with more years? Those who have conflicts with UL because there is no patches... You know

I think that this question is more going to "hey, what village, texture, quests" mods do you have

Here’s my usual list:

For me personally I spent a lot of 2007-2011 playing Oblivion quest mods and my favorites would probably be:

Integration: The Stranded Light (No requirement version here) My favorite mod. 80+ quests with attribute, skill, race, and faction dialogue checks (among others).

Multiple ways to complete quests with choices and consequences as well as the possibility to fail quests.

Massive amounts of dialogue, world & character building. Over 24 hours of dialogue, and a very long and in-depth optional romance

Diverse and interesting quest lines that range from: Scripted boss fights, to convincing Counts to change a law, to solving riddles, to starting a shivering Isles guild, creating a whole fully functioning city, and so much more.

Windfall A new world space with its own diverging quest-lines and conflict.

The Blackwood Company Very nice choices and consequences gameplay, even if a little buggy at times.

Tales of Cyrodiil a new mod by Cliffworms, very well done with over a dozen or so quests starting from NPCs in inns.

Servant of the Dawn A bit silly, but it is an interesting ride

Dungeon of Ivellon a very well done new dungeon with a quest line to boot.

Malevolent Simyaz's three mods are very well done with interesting characters

Heart of the Dead anoher "silly epic mod" that you just take along for the ride even though it is immersion and lore breaking at times.

Vilja Everyone knows Vilja, she great.

And probably a bunch more I’m forgetting

For gameplay I like:

Audacious Magery Cast any spell you want, but bewareeee!!!

Duke Patrick’s archery mod ( both to make combat more fast paced and deadly, instead of constant hacking and slashing)

TRN One of the Gang( to disguise as guards)

Less Annoying Magic Experience part of Integration. you can use the no gameplay version of the no requirements option, but personally I love how it rebalances magic.

Race Balancing Project see above, but change last word to Races

Alternative Beginnings alternate start options

Conduit magic channel your spells into your weapons.

Bartholm is very good, you should downlaod it.

Â

You should also install Elsweyr Anequina, Elsweyr Pelletine, Black Marsh and Valenwood improved

Elsweyr pelletine needs Valenwood regrown beta.

No it needs TWMP_Valenwood_Improved. I removed the conflicting cells so I can explore Valenwood the immersion friendly way and Pelletine.

Â

Bartholm is very good, you should downlaod it.

ÃÂ

You should also install Elsweyr Anequina, Elsweyr Pelletine, Black Marsh and Valenwood improved

Elsweyr pelletine needs Valenwood regrown beta.

Â

No it needs TWMP_Valenwood_Improved. I removed the conflicting cells so I can explore Valenwood the immersion friendly way and Pelletine.

Check it;

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1337-elsweyr-pelletine/