Interior FX and lights

I've been working on some interiors for Oblivion, and have noticed that many of the placed FX (like clouds and twinkle lights for Ayleid ruins) rarely appear in-game. Come to think of it, they rarely appear in animated form in the Construction set too.

Is there a limit to how many FX items you can have in an interior, or is there additional steps you have to take to make them appear in-game, and that is not needed to do in Skyrim or Fallout 4 for instance?

Also, is there any optimisation like room bounds for Oblivion? I haven't found anything about such things yet, so I've assumed there's not.

Is there a limit to how many FX items you can have in an interior...

ÃÂ

Also, is there any optimisation like room bounds for Oblivion? I haven't found anything about such things yet, so I've assumed there's not.

As for the first statement... Avoid using to many shaders in one space, or no ones computer will be able to handle it.

For the second... What do you mean by room bounds?

Edited by ReverendFelix

I don't use that many lights, but I'm wondering whether the fact that some of the fx does not appear is because I've used too much. It's hard to know where the line is drawn, though.

Room bounds are "culling boxes" (used along with portals) that helps on performance:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Room_Bounds_and_Portal_Basics

I see. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about either. But I'm learning though, as I plan on trying my hand at making some new oblivion realms. Please keep posting what you learn here, for myself and others to see in the future.

• 1 month later...