advert makes site unuseable

vikingnewt

it only happens when searching for mods on nexus, the site reloads pretending to be from my ISP and offering a prize for some qeustions, it's a scam.

my system is clean, but it is currently rendering the site useless

please help :sad:

Thanks for posting it in the correct forum.

There still seems to be some information missing:

• Let us know what anti-malware/adware/virus software you have on your PC and ensure you've run a scan that returns clean before reporting the ad to us.
  • The date and time you saw this ad.
  • The URL of the page you were on at the time, e.g. http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?
  • Your general location - e.g. I live in Exeter, in Devon, in England. If you don't want to give the city you live in, then your state and country will suffice, e.g. Devon, England.
  • A good description of what is happening that makes you think this is a bad ad. An example might be, "I was browsing the site, but immediately upon loading the page at http://www.nexusmods.com/games/? I was redirected to another website that told me I had a virus on my PC that I had to pay money to remove".
  • If you get redirected or sent to another site, provide the URL that you are sent to.
  • A screenshot of the bad ad really, really, REALLY helps us out as well. Please take the time to do a print-screen or use the snipping tool in windows (press the start menu, type "snipping", click "snipping tool") and upload it to your report for us to view. The snipping tool is an extremely simple and intuitive piece of software for taking pictures of what's on your screen.

From the article I linked on your other thread.

windows 10's defaults

spybot s&d
avast free

when i posted the original thread, spo about this time yesterday 0047gmt+1

i actually cant get you the url, it just goes straight to that page as soon as i search a mod, only starts once i've gone into a game (fo4) and am attempting to either browse a category or have searched.

i live in bergen, norway hence the weird hieroglyphics. (rest assured, the ad will not summon an old one)

i dont want to post the advert link, as it contains my real IP however on the screenshot you can clearly see the adress beginnings

thanks so much for your time btw :) ill have to sign up to nexus when my job actually becomes stable now ^^