Changing weapon Models

SoraNGNL

I have been testing several model and texture changes at many weapons. You need to open, mainly, the *_BML.tex file on almost all weapons, i.e., for kulve longswords it is wp/swo/bs_swo006/mod/*_BML.tex converting first to .DDS file with Jodo's MHWTexConverter v1.2.3 https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/440?tab=files . Only must drag and drop files over EXE file to autoconvert .TEX to .DDS or .DDS to .TEX after editing those. For edit .DDS and photoshop like program is useful, I use paint.NET, it's free and gives you nice results. To know exactly how the textures are in a weapon, look for original game files, I mean, how is explained in guides here, you can use WorldChunkTool https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/6 from nexusmod to convert chunkX.bin game files to explorer folders where you can find all weapons, listed by updates in some chunk files, then you must convert those .tex files from weapons you what to check the texture, modify whatever you want on colors or textures, reconvert to .TEX and make your own nativePC/wp/blablabla... folder to check by yourself ingame. This is for change textures only.

If you want to change model, and replace for anyother model, you must change basically the *.evxp *.mod3 *.mrl3, checking the *.mrl3 files to know where must be located texture flies. Those files don't need to be decripted, can be edited with notepad, bcoz location addresses /wp/swo/bs_swo006/mod/bs_swo006_BML.tex are in normal text. Only need to be an address with same char length, I mean, bs_swo006 has 9 chars length, then you can change this folder to bs_swo666 or anything else with 9 char length, creating the folder tree with those folder names in your nativePC structure. You can change file names using same restriction, name length must be the same.

Sometimes, could be necessary edit some files with HEX editor. For this reason I use Notepad++ with HEX Editor plugin, is a excellent program editor, with several code languages, if you want to test it.

Edited by Bazelgeuser