Mod I created Showing up as Installed DLC, but Item Not in Inventory

Well, I finally did it! I used the Toolset & to create an insanely overpowered ring for rogues in a mod, but I'm having an issue. The mod shows up as enabled in my DLC section of my game menu & as a DAzip in my mod manager, but the item I created is not showing up in my character's inventory. I made this mod following the steps from John Vanderbeck's Nov. 2009 article on item creation. I tried to put the mod in the root folder when I got to Create New Resouce, but it ended up under Sacred Ashes even though I clicked \. JV said this only has to do w/ organization, but I'm not sure if this affected it or not. Thanks in advance for any help! If I can get this resolved & off the ground, I'll see about sharing it w/ the community assuming there are no bugs or other issues.

Best always,

FIREFLY11

Not sure that creating the item in an existing folder vs a user create folder would affect the spawn, as long as it exported correctly, but it's not something I ever did so that is admittedly just speculation.

ETA that if I couldn't get an item to spawn as expected, the first thing I would do is look at (or even remake) my scripts and any associated assets, such as plots or PRCSCR M2DA, to make sure that there are no errors. (Does your script compile without any errors? Do 'Tools > Compile Script' from the menu, or just hit F7.)

I can't remember what item spawn/delivery method is used in the Back to Ferelden tutorial, but if it is one of the scripts used by very early DAO modders, then I'd recommend instead using either the PRCSCR template script from the DA toolset wiki, or method described in this archived version of weriKK's custom item tutorial from the old Bioware Social Network... I stumbled on that 'mirror' of the tutorial just a few days ago, and highly recommend it as an excellent walkthrough for item creation. (Back when I was still modding, I even kept a PDF of the BSN page, so often did I reference it as a memory jog and checklist.)

Even if the auto-spawn is problematic, you can still force spawn the item and confirm that is is working as intended (or not) with the script in this basic item creation tutorial.

Edited by theskymoves

Thanks Sky! I'd have responded sooner, but I just got through an earthquake (I'm fine)! Be grateful if you're in a place where you don't have to worry about them! Thinking about it, the directions in Toolset tutorial call for enabling the console command & this article doesn't & as you said, it is an old one. I don't have any experience w/scripting & was following the directions in the article. The article also called for checking things in & out of the system library, something the Toolset tutorial didn't mention, but I don't know if that matters. I'll check out the weriKK's link & see hat happens with that. There may have been some errors in the script compile when I did it originally, but I'd have to go back & look; hitting F7 next time seems like a better bet. I created a custom sword last night & had the same result--shows up as enabled under "Installed Content" & in the list in the mod manager with the little check box next to it, although I don't see it shield icon in the area where you drag DAzips into. I'll also try the force-spawn suggestion. Countless thanks for all your help; again they should be paying you for this! I'll let you know how things go.

All the best,

FIREFLY11

UPDATE: OK, I had a chance to look @ the weriKK's article & I can see that I unwittingly made LOTS of omissions when I entered the script lines; this article is clearer about what needs to be done, so when I have an hour or two to myself, I'll try again. Thanks again Sky!

Edited by FIREFLY11