whips

tooley1chris

A buddy of mine on BG was making new weapons models/animations and found a way to import models from NWN1 but not animations.

Was thinking the sling animation would work great for whips but he dropped the project for other fun stuff.

Was wondering if anyone else had looked at this?

Whips are soarly missed by me. :)

I've sure looked, because I have a boss character in the module I'm working on that I really wish could wield a whip as part of his character. I wasn't able to find any. I had to settle for a flail. Would love to know if one shows up!

• 5 months later...

Technically, there ARE files in the toolset for a whip, including an entry in the appropriate 2das AND at least one model, but I haven't looked at them close enough. It's technically called "Balor's Whip" and was built for a monster. It may be possible to mod it for use by players, but I hadn't checked for animation files, so it may just simply be a coiled whip that can be held.

If anyone wants to go through the trouble of creating and animating one, that would be spectacular.

I had looked at the balor's whip early on, but I was never able to actually observe him using it -- and it only appeared at all on the balor, not on the creature I wanted to carry it. It might be moddable, though that's beyond my abilities at this time.

There's another possibility, though, which would involve animating a visual effect file of a whipcrack. That might be easier.

• 3 years later...