How do I load a mod with creation kit? And need help with NifOptimizer.

Chaos1929

I'm just going to assume that because all my mods are installed using MO2, that MO2 is not compatible with the creation kit because It can not see a single mod I have downloaded. I click on data and the only master files present are still just Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn. So I'm guessing if I wanted them to show up I'd have to stop using MO2 and install them all manually.

Edited by Chaos1929

• 6 months later...

Maybe it's a bit late now but:

Install CreationKit

Open MO2 and add click Executables

click + and choose Add from file.....goto where you installed Creation Kit(Usually in the game folder)

click on CreationKit.exe and click Open

then Apply

Now from the drop down menu choose CreationKit and click Run

Now your CreationKit will read all mods that were installed with MO2

then follow

Tho change form-id:

1. Start the CK

2. Press "File" then "Data"

3. In the popup window select the plugin with the wrong form you want to change (Only one plugin!)

4. press "Set as Active File" (you do not have to set masters, the CK will do it for you)

5. press "OK"

6. wait to finish load... now you see in upper left corner the name of the plugin loaded...

7. Press "Save"

8. Exit the CK

- The CK will on save automatic change to the right form.

- Repeat for each plugin with the wrong form

MO2 installs all mods separate from the Data folder in a virtual folder or so it keeps your game folder clean, Very Usefull

As a golden rule you should add and run all tools from within MO2 (LOOT, xEdit, Wrye,Fnis, Texgen, Dyndolod....)

Edited by torinoie

Also edit CreationKit.ini file in the game folder and add to the [General] section
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
and in [Archive] section
SResourceArchiveList2=.......
just add
, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
at the end of the line
should look something like this
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Save the file and then run Creation Kit from within MO2