Cant download anything from nexus...

wigumz

So anything i try to download from this site fails, regardless of what browser i use, what mod manager i use, whether my firewall / antivirus is on, anything else running.

Ive downloaded large files from other sites like Loverslab to test out and they downloaded perfectly, no drops nor fails. Ive updated .net frameworks and still nothing.

internet speed 10mbps

centurylink router/modem

any help / tips would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

are you getting this when you try and download something manually?

https://cf-files.nexusmods.com/cdn/1704/25797/BD%20Leg%20fixes-25797-1-3b-1563382493.7z?md5=OhCdN6Galyr-9EKg6yd-Xg&expires=1563402703&user_id=26457784&rip=138.229.134.96

this is happening to me the last couple of days for mods that I try to download. some mods will download some wont for me. really frustrating.

Edited by jimmywon34

• 1 month later...

Did you guys find a solution eventually? Having the same issue for some mods, in my case for WItcher 3. I'm getting the message: "it takes too long for supporter-files.nexus-cdn.com to respond" (something along those lines, it's in my native language, Dutch)".

Tried to use the command prompt "ping files.nexus-cdn.com". Getting 100% packet loss. When I for example ping google.com, I'm getting 0% loss. So anyone know a solution to this?

To be clear, I never, never had this issue before.

Edited by alexander1685

• 3 years later...
Guest deleted34304850

This is because something changed on their website and Windows has NO IDEA what an NXM protocol is, or how to handle it

that's entirely false.

This is because something changed on their website and Windows has NO IDEA what an NXM protocol is, or how to handle it

that's entirely false.

[Edit] Hrm. Sorry there 1ae. I honestly dunno what happened there, I didn't mean to quote you....... Hrm.... [/edit]

So for all of you that are reporting this problem... I mean, so far only one of you, the OP, has given any kind of worthwhile info about what they're using, that fails the DL.

Ping. Ping is very much like sonar. You send a signal out, a very small packet of non-relevant bytes, and then windows measures how fast it takes to travel, and the path that it travels, towards the target.

Packet loss can be caused by a host of different things. It's the error message accompanying it, that needs to be paid attention to. :wink:

Also use traceroute.

If you are unfamiliar with the command line tool in Windows (tracert), use a simple GUI tool like CountryTraceRoute by NirSoft (does not require installation or admin rights).

Check if the service in general is up or down with a website like "Is it Down Right Now".

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com

Depending on the error, check that there isn't trouble in the DNS "pipeline".

Can be checked from the command line (nslookup), or with a tool like DNSDataView by NirSoft (does not require installation or admin rights).

The A-record should return an IP-address, the other records can be ignored.

Edited by DjinnKiller