• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

catmagnet

catmagnet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
Then Mono could really be worth a try. No promises, but maybe I'll find the time to test that during christmas.

ilcontegis

ilcontegis

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello, one year passed. Any update for linux? Anyone succeeded to make it work on wine?

Thanks

mopo3ilotemp

mopo3ilotemp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hello, one year passed. Any update for linux? Anyone succeeded to make it work on wine?

Thanks

http://forums.nexusm...wine/?p=8121206

http://appdb.winehq....rsion&iId=28763

upyr1

upyr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Which Linux distro? There are so many that making an NMM for 'Linux' could be a full time undertaking. :tongue:

If we get one working for Ubuntu, then the Mint users will be screaming for one also, then the Red Hat gang will be clamoring for theirs, then SUSE, Fedora, Debian, Slackware - And those are just a few of the more popular distros. Now ahow about Puppy, Solaris and other lesser known distros? :whistling:

Hopefully if we do a linux NMM, it will be a one size fits all - but, having used linux in the past, I wouldn't hold my breath.

How about modifying the code of the Windows version to run on Wine and Mono- so we'd truly have a one size fits all answer? If it works on WINE and Mono it will work on Windows

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

The reason we don't jump right on this - over 99% of our members currently use some variant of Windows. Stopping work on the windows version just to work on something that probably less than 1% of our users can benefit from is just not a productive use of resources.

NMM is open source - and if you can come up with a valid patch that does not cause problems with the Windows version, It could be considered for inclusion in a future release. :thumbsup:

Jenshae

Jenshae

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hi there,

I am interested in at least running NMM on WINE, which is not possible at the moment as it says it does not support my current version of Windows, despite changing compatibility and version settings.

Much thanks.

Edit: Bit of a fiddle but go it to install using the Legacy file. (Now to figure out how to hook it into a browser)

Edited by Jenshae, 18 December 2015 - 02:15 AM.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

Keep us updated on how it goes. :thumbsup:

hellweek

hellweek

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Has anyone managed to get this working in wine or play on linux yet

sNeAkOwNs84

sNeAkOwNs84

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Yes i'd like to know as well if anyone has been interested enough to get a Linux based Version of NMM out yet ?! , I understand its all windows based. Which i currently use,but with the way microshaft is doing its customers with Win10 and its issues. Im currently planning the move to linux. So i am interested in a update as well.

Lord of the Strings

Lord of the Strings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Yes i'd like to know as well if anyone has been interested enough to get a Linux based Version of NMM out yet ?! , I understand its all windows based. Which i currently use,but with the way microshaft is doing its customers with Win10 and its issues. Im currently planning the move to linux. So i am interested in a update as well.

You cannot expect any support by the NMM developers for linux as long as they didn't there $Msoft job. 

On the linux side of life, imho it's kinda waist of time, to get a beta software under heavy development running with the penguin: even what does work at one moment might crash again after the next update. So we really should wait patiently until the mainstream has done the main work. I really would love to see the NMM full featured running here locally under whatsoever OS :wink:

Btw, as the NMM is published under GPL, it then might be the better idea to migrate the code instead of fiddling around with the non-emulator.

OT: Myself had Morrowind running with Debian Woody around 2004 and it was great. Later on I concentrated on my Windows Gaming Machine (too much problems with other games); now that mostly everything in my games library is able to run alongside the penguin, I'm preparing to move most stuff into the future. This just for the records. Atm I think, this looks like a good playground for experiments:

~LotS

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.103 seconds