Fallout4. ini Questions

Infeksion

After noticing a slow but sure decline in my gaming experience I decided to do a clean install of Fallout 4. On the the first run of the game to create the .ini files I received a notice that Fallout 4 does not recognize my graphics card and all settings are reverted to low quality. I accepted that and proceed with setting the parameters to "Ultra" and exit the game launcher.

When I opened the newly created .ini files, I found the Fallout4.ini literally void of data except for this one entry:

[Display]
sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti"
In the same directory (Documents\My Games\Fallout 4) The Fallout4Prefs.ini contained the settings I selected during the initial set up procedure.
However, in the game directory (G:\Games\Steam...\Fallout4\Fallout4 I found another Fallout4Prefs.ini file created a few minutes after the .ini file in the "My Games" directory with the "low quality" settings:
for example:
Fallout4Prefs. ini in "My Games" Directory:
[Display]
iShadowMapResolution=4096
iDirShadowSplits=2
uiShadowFilter=3
uiOrthoShadowFilter=3
iAdapter=0
iSize W=2560
iSize H=1440
bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=1
Falout4Prefs.ini in Fallout4\Fallout4 Directory:
[Display]
iShadowMapResolution=2048
iDirShadowSplits=3
uiOrthoShadowFilter=2
uiShadowFilter=2
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=720
iSize W=1280
and many others...
My questions are:
1. How to populate the Fallout4. ini file with the correct parameters?
2. Why two different Fallout4Prefs.ini files? I am not sure which one the game is using. Should they be similar, since I have not noticed the difference before.

Got this sorted out with able assistance of the moderator over at the S.T.E.P. website. The Fallout4_Default.ini in the Game Directory is basically a copy of the default fallout4.ini. I populated my empty ".ini" file with the data and used BethInI to set up and manage my .ini files through the ini path setting (via the MO2 profile route as recommended). All three .ini files are populated correctly in the MO2 INI Editor, and that is sufficient for me. For now the game with the fixes and a few core mods (Unoffical Patch, MCM etc), seem to run stable. I will do the textures etc tonight, and see where we get.