PREBUILT SETTLEMENTS! PLEASE DEAR GOD!

ApocNizmith

I hate the settlement system, hate is a strong word I know, but hate doesn't even fully sum up how I feel about that system. Not to mention Preston "The Whiniest, Laziest minuteman in all of the commonwealth" Garvey. I get some people love it, but I am here to shoot any raider that moves, stack more caps than Robert House, and hopefully find my kid in the process, and after that maybe??? Arm a small army and take over the commonwealth because I was bored one day. There is no delegation of responsibilities. You have to micromanage 30+ settlers for basically nothing. Build cities, assign, yada, yada, yada and to me personally it is a complete waste of time.

I tried sim settlements out even then you still are constantly micromanaging everything even on fully auto settings. Building plots, shops, assigning a companion as their mayor or whatever. NO DONE! I just want to start the game up and play like EVERY OTHER FALLOUT THAT EVER EXISTED EVER! I don't want to build 1 damned thing outside of some water purifiers because they are basically hax. I do not care about these digital whiners, and their lazy guards. If you got eaten by ghouls, killed by raiders, or kidnapped, well you should have been a better shot huh?

PLEASE DEAR GOD WILL ONE MODDER PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE, WITH NUKA COLA CHERRY ON TOP, JUST MAKE A MOD WITH JUST EVEN 1 PREBUILT, PRE-POPULATED SETTLEMENT WITH VENDORS, A SOLID BASE, AND BUILDING LEFT OPEN BECAUSE THE ONLY THING I AM INTERESTED IN BUILDING IS LIKE 20+ INDUSTRIAL WATER PURIFIERS AND THE GENERATORS TO MAKE THEM RUN, AND SOME MOD BENCHES FOR CUSTOM ARMOR!

I hate the settlement system, hate is a strong word I know, but hate doesn't even fully sum up how I feel about that system. Not to mention Preston "The Whiniest, Laziest minuteman in all of the commonwealth" Garvey. I get some people love it, but I am here to shoot any raider that moves, stack more caps than Robert House, and hopefully find my kid in the process, and after that maybe??? Arm a small army and take over the commonwealth because I was bored one day. There is no delegation of responsibilities. You have to micromanage 30+ settlers for basically nothing. Build cities, assign, yada, yada, yada and to me personally it is a complete waste of time.

I tried sim settlements out even then you still are constantly micromanaging everything even on fully auto settings. Building plots, shops, assigning a companion as their mayor or whatever. NO DONE! I just want to start the game up and play like EVERY OTHER FALLOUT THAT EVER EXISTED EVER! I don't want to build 1 damned thing outside of some water purifiers because they are basically hax. I do not care about these digital whiners, and their lazy guards. If you got eaten by ghouls, killed by raiders, or kidnapped, well you should have been a better shot huh?

PLEASE DEAR GOD WILL ONE MODDER PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE, WITH NUKA COLA CHERRY ON TOP, JUST MAKE A MOD WITH JUST EVEN 1 PREBUILT, PRE-POPULATED SETTLEMENT WITH VENDORS, A SOLID BASE, AND BUILDING LEFT OPEN BECAUSE THE ONLY THING I AM INTERESTED IN BUILDING IS LIKE 20+ INDUSTRIAL WATER PURIFIERS AND THE GENERATORS TO MAKE THEM RUN, AND SOME MOD BENCHES FOR CUSTOM ARMOR!

Use the Blueprint mod

You can import other people's settlements, or, build your own, ONE TIME, then export it, so if you play again, you just import your settlement again

Use the Blueprint mod

You can import other people's settlements, or, build your own, ONE TIME, then export it, so if you play again, you just import your settlement again

I used that and for some of them it sort of worked, most of the time it builds about half of what the settlers need to stay happy, and I am yet to find one BP that I didn't have to build the generators and relays for in order to power the plots and water pumps for, also have to place the sim settlement crop plots that are about 1/3rd as efficient as the vanilla ones. Which means I need to manually assigns people to them as sim settlements doesn't recognize them, and will reassign the settler I assign to it to one of the sim settlement plots. I get that may be a issue with the default settings? And possibly my own fault it does that.

ever thought you're playing the wrong game?

Is it possible that Bethesda removed the RPG from fallout for Settlement simulator 2015 and put your character's personality and choices on rails? Fortunately there are people adept at fixing the glaring game play issues with the most recent installment of the game? I enjoy the weapon and armor crafting, being able to add a box when I need one, and the endless supply of healing items from the water pumps, but Preston Garvey is quite possibly the single most annoying Bethesda npc since Lidia.

I enjoy the questing, the exploration, what I don't like is spending 100+ hours of game play taking care of basically humanoid tomagachi pets.

Edited by ApocNizmith

Guest deleted34304850

don't know what else to say except that if you're doing that then you're doing it wrong. i've got thousands of hours in fo4 and never had to do what you claim you're forced into doing.

so again, i ask, are you just playing the wrong game? if it aggrivates you so much, play something else and your problems are solved, no?

I 110% agree that the settlement system blows chunks, but complaining about it in all caps isn’t going to help you. It’s entirely possible to just play the game like an older Fallout game and and ignore it. I’ve been playing that way for going on two years now.

There are lots of existing options to avoid dealing with settlement BS.

Leave Preston and crew sitting in the museum. Just grab the bobblehead and leave. That solves that problem. Use the few pre-existing locations to do trading with. Covenant and Vault 81 are often overlooked, as are unmarked vendors like Opal (near Faneuil Hall) and Eleanor (near Fairline Hill Estates).

As has been said, use Transfer Settlements if you really want something built. It literally takes minutes to import a blueprint. If you enable the option to import the power grid, you don’t have to wire a damned thing. Use the Spawn Settler Button mod to populate. Again, it takes literally a few minutes. Use the Happy Maker 9000 mod to work around the broken happiness mechanic which is one of the absolute stupidest things in this game.

There are also already plenty of pre-built settlement mods here…have you looked at any of them? Use Spawn Settlers Button and Happy Maker with those too.

Or use Workshop Ownership Utilities to grab all of the workshops, pre-populate with survival stuff and disable happiness + attacks. Nothing left to do but profit. No whining required.

Guest deleted34304850

but...but...but cryarsing is so much fun, why do you want to take the fun out of cryarsing? why? why?

I'm not understanding why you can't use Sim Settlements and let settlers do their own thing and contributing when you want to. Or did you not bother looking for a solution to your complaint?

quote: "Is it possible that Bethesda removed the RPG from fallout for Settlement simulator 2015 (...)"

What is please more rpg as to build your own world, with your own scenery in mind?

In the game and with mods you can build anything you want and that is rpg. Rpg is not just to do what you want, or to be part of a thrilling story (not that we are a part of a thrilling story in Fallout 4^^ - besides maybe Far Harbor), it can also be, to build in a world what you want to see.

From small villages, to prisons, to enterainment parks, to raider camps, to vaults, to what ever you want. Hell, I have even seen in the early days of Fallout 4, a mod that converts a village into a nudist camp.

What ever you like to do, you can make it happen in Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 has its problems, but at least it lets you build what ever player home/town/cult-den you want to build.