KL0UDI

this is for a convo on the vault suit in FO4 of course by the title of it..

so i like to hear your thoughts on the vault suit what would it take for it to be your #1 to always wear to never put on another piece of clothing or armor or any thing that replaces it,, i know its never ment to be the first n last thing u ever would wear but its not used enough i think soons you get home and u cross the bridge u offered something little better so u switch and go on then u go help the annoying preston and u find more armor lil better or same as the one u find at the bridge so u ether switch for better or for looks... and so on and so on with the areas n more armor and more...

SO WHAT WOULD IT TAKE for u to say F all them other armors imma stick with my vault suit...i know theres alotta mods out there that changes the looks and style of it (u know which ones i mean the umm hooters one) unzip half zip ect lol..

but with out changing the mesh what would it take (textures changing be ok cause its understandable u want more colors)..

speaking of the textures..

what would u like to see on the back of it insted of numbers... icons pics items ect....do u like to see a skull or a paw print or a unicorn um words? IT JUST WORKS lol or what? i am curious to see what u would ant to see a vault suit to be color icon on back ect,,, ill end this on

what would it take to make the vault suit YOUR #1 CHOICE in CLOTHING/ARMOR

The model is too boring to fix with any amount of texturing

i enjoy the looks of the vaultsuit.. tbh well the (mesh) im not 100% on bored with the color and huge ass numbers on back i like the suit itself

I usually don't stick to the vault suit because it wouldn't make sense for me to wear it in that situation. It paints a giant blue crosshair on your back in the wasteland, you would naturally want to stand out less if you were in that situation. I usually wear it just until i've found anything else. Design wise, its pretty decent, i prefer it over the Fallout 3 style.

I usually don't stick to the vault suit because it wouldn't make sense for me to wear it in that situation. It paints a giant blue crosshair on your back in the wasteland, you would naturally want to stand out less if you were in that situation. I usually wear it just until i've found anything else.Â

This. Walking around the wasteland in a vault suit is pretty much announcing that you're new, easily taken advantage of, and potentially in possession of expensive technology.

The only real way for it to make sense to extend it's use would be to have the player spend more time in an active vault, where looking like a wastelander would potentially be something that would make the locals less trusting of you.

I usually don't stick to the vault suit because it wouldn't make sense for me to wear it in that situation. It paints a giant blue crosshair on your back in the wasteland, you would naturally want to stand out less if you were in that situation. I usually wear it just until i've found anything else.Â

This. Walking around the wasteland in a vault suit is pretty much announcing that you're new, easily taken advantage of, and potentially in possession of expensive technology.

The only real way for it to make sense to extend it's use would be to have the player spend more time in an active vault, where looking like a wastelander would potentially be something that would make the locals less trusting of you.

Ah, but wearing one kinda smooths the way into vault 81, or at least, I like to think so. :D

I would think that in that situation, it may help a bit. They seemed pretty paranoid at the door IIRC, but if they saw someone in a suit from another vault and they seemed green enough, it could potentially garner some sympathy.... showing up in one of their suits on the first visit could be a really bad idea though because it could easily imply that you killed one of their people for the suit, which i'm sure wouldn't go over very well.