Upgraded to Windows 10 - Oblivion's Water is missing

Prenihility

Yeah, I might just do without OR... Idk.

Alright. Some good progress. The game works, i've installed OBSE and Wrye Bash and I have a minor problem. When I go into BAIN in Wrye Bash (Installers tab) it lists ALL the mods I had installed; they are all red of course. AAAH! How do I get rid of them!?

Â

Alright. Some good progress. The game works, i've installed OBSE and Wrye Bash and I have a minor problem. When I go into BAIN in Wrye Bash (Installers tab) it lists ALL the mods I had installed; they are all red of course. AAAH! How do I get rid of them!?

Never cared for Wrye bash so donât know. But, it you didnât delete it and all mod files, itâs probably behaving like NMM would. You gotta delete ALL things related to Oblivion, included your mod manager. Total purge.

ÃÂ

Never cared for Wrye bash so do not know. But, it you did not delete it and all mod files, it is probably behaving like NMM would. You gotta delete ALL things related to Oblivion, included your mod manager. Total purge.

Alright. I'm back up and running, mods and all.

So I haven't installed OBGE or OR. I honestly forgot what else needs OBGE. I'm contemplating using something else. Oh yeah... and I always thought ENBs tank FPS regardless of hardware, because it's simply a game engine limitation. Just like what happens in Skyrim. I installed an ENB a year ago... and it massacred FPS with modern hardware that chews through Oblivion without the fans even kicking in. How the hell do you explain that?

I'm looking at other options outside of OR.

And a little bit that's admittedly embarrassing. I was looking at the water on the ramp going up to the island where the door the the Shivering Isles is. The water was opaque. But I didn't know it was supposed to be that way -_-. I looked at other bodies of water and they were transparent. I guess it was just that time of day. Although when I was underwater i'm pretty sure it still was invisible.

Playing newer games makes you think you're experiencing a bugs :laugh:

Obge was obsolete when OR was released. Donât worry about that. I donât believe ENB is performance heavy. Oblivion will always has bad fps spots. I go from 144 down to 17 sometimes. I stated some visuals alternatives somewhere is this thread or the steam one.

The mod comments for the Bevilex mod list is a gold mine for mod installation info ... just ignore the advice for anything you've decided against using (e.g. Oblivion Reloaded etc). If you use the forum interface for the mod comments you can use search to save from a ton of reading.

If you decided to not use OR (or at least not use its Water shader) but still want splendid water, check those mods.

Water 17 (Type 1 being my favourite)

Water 17 for HESU PoisonSwamp (if you use the HESU poison swamp of course, but why you should not?)

Tweaked Water 17 esps for default timescale. If you think the water moves too fast.

Visually Realistic Lava for the other kind of "water"