New PC Skyrim SE Modder

xProdigyLordx

So i'm new to pc modding, and i downloaded vortex, and the "FNIS data" (which i think was recommended by vortex for whatever reason), and "A quality world map - paper". and now my Skyrim won't launch, it allows me to launch the launcher and click play but then the steam says " running, syncing" and then sends me back to steam like i never launched it. But when i go to the vortex and disable the mods, it works. What can i do to fix this and play with mods?

Edited by xProdigyLordx

First tip: Don't download any mods for Skyrim LE. They are not compatible - and will keep Skyrim from launching.

If you have any mods with animations, you must have installed FNIS - and run it.

FNIS Data is where FNIS writes the animation data it generates.

First tip: Don't download any mods for Skyrim LE. They are not compatible - and will keep Skyrim from launching.

If you have any mods with animations, you must have installed FNIS - and run it.

so i should just mod regular skyrim cause i have that too, but also, ive seen others use vortex and nexus mods for skyrim le and it works for them

so i should just mod regular skyrim cause i have that too, but also, ive seen others use vortex and nexus mods for skyrim le and it works for them

Yes, but that isn't the issue here. Vortex works perfectly fine with both Skyrim's.

What the issue here is, is that a mod was created for a different version of Skyrim.

For quite a number of Skyrim LE mods, they don't work with Skyrim SE without a bit of work. If it's something that doesn't involve a plugin, you can try using it, but it may not work properly with the game. It can even crash the game when the game tries to load it in, and as such, you would need to go through the conversion process (for example, with mesh files, you need to run the mesh files through NifSkope or whatever). If there is a plugin however, you need to re-save the plugin through Creation Kit so that it changes from "Form 43" to "Form 44", as Skyrim SE uses 44 and not 43.

If you don't want to go through the conversion process of the mods though, you're better off either finding the SE counter part, or if it doesn't exist, going without the mod altogether.