No Teleportation: Secret tunnels from Institute.

Tilo77

If possible, I was wondering if someone could make a simple mod (well I say "simple" :o) that include a series of tunnels that could enter and exit the institute without needing to teleport, to make a No-Teleporting run possible of F4. The one thing I've always disliked about Fallout 4 is the way that teleportation is mandatory. I hate teleporting with my protagonist - it always makes me feel like they are...dead. And it's hard to enjoy the rest of the game with this irrational inkling in the back of my mind.

Even better if there is a door, or tunnel you can escape through for the Nuclear Option, and then rendevous by foot to the top of the Tower. A mod like that would make me so happy.

Edited by Tilo77

I like your idea of a tunnel for the " Nuclear Option ". A short storyline that has a slight chance for the institute to stop it's own destruction. OK maybe not so short a story line, and they get the chance to hit the R.R. and BOS back in retaliation.

Bingo! But you could use it to gain entrance to the institution instead of needing to teleport in. And you could use it, or a similar exit with the Nuclear Option quest. Then in theory, if you're running the minute man/brotherhood story approach...you never really need to use teleporters. I hope that makes sense. :laugh:

So I think this is one way it could be done:

1) Edit the current tunnel in the game the minutemen use, so it can be used as a means to come and go from the institute as an alternative to the Molecular Level. And a means to leave again via a tunnel.

For Nuclear Option quest line:

2) Create a new tunnel (or dungeon?) that exits the institute. Could be near the final teleporter room, so most of the original quest line stays intact, but just deviates slightly at the end.

It would take a master modder though that understands level-design. :pirate:

Edited by Tilo77

Making a tunnel is easy but yeah editing the main questline sounds hard...

Well, just having a regular entrance and exit tunnel to and from the institute would make me very giddy. :happy: If an extra tunnel gets added near the end of Nuclear Option...I could try messing with setquest stage to just push it to the next little bit, and head to that tower. See if it works. :laugh:

Edited by Tilo77

Thanks for linking this. I've actually tested the mod out before, and I even recently messaged the mod creator about it. It's great except it's sadly a one way route into the institute. You fall down a long sewer drain with it. I did ask if it could be edited so it had a stair case leading back out as well, or this mod would definitely be what i'm eager for. Unless someone could edit it? But you get into permission problems and such :ninja:

Edited by Tilo77

Thanks for linking this. I've actually tested the mod out before, and I even recently messaged the mod creator about it. It's great except it's sadly a one way route into the institute. You fall down a long sewer drain with it. I did ask if it could be edited so it had a stair case leading back out as well, or this mod would definitely be what i'm eager for. Unless someone could edit it? But you get into permission problems and such :ninja:

Ah, right, forgot about that fall. It shouldn't be a huge deal to change that section for someone who knows how, just have to find someone willing. Technically they could do it as an addon to the existing mod, which alleviates permission problems.

Ah, right, forgot about that fall. It shouldn't be a huge deal to change that section for someone who knows how, just have to find someone willing. Technically they could do it as an addon to the existing mod, which alleviates permission problems.

An add-on to that mod would be awesome. :happy: