SSE, SKSE64 & Vortex: Input Borked?

Firefrorefiddle

So to clarify now the only issue I have is that when I try to start a new game, it confirms, the menu goes away, the music keeps playing... and nothing happens. I just sit there on the load screen forever. I've found a page with suggestions for that but they're all from Oldrim: https://appuals.com/fix-skyrim-infinite-loading-screen/

My computer has an Intel i7 2.6 Ghz processor and 16 gb RAM. I'm running Windows 10.

Once you set SKSE64 to primary, you can start the game with the small PLAY button in the upper left hand corner with the thumbnail of the Game

Also, don't know if you know about this feature, but if you go to your PLUGINS tab, and use the FLAGS filter drop down and select "Could Be Light", it will show you a list of the plugins installed, that Vortex can convert to ESPfe (ESL) for you.

Just double click on the plugin, a panel opens on the right, and you can click on "Mark Light", then the plugin won't take up a space in your load order.

OK, so I have to ask the obvious question

HANG ON.

You're posting in the SKYRIM forum, not the Skyrimn Special Edition forum, and you're talking about SKSE64 which is for Skyrim Special Edition.

Are you playing Skyrim Special Edition, or are you playing Skyrim (Oldrim) Legendary Edition?

Thank you for the plugins feature, very helpful.

Tried again, get skseversion works, infinite load screen.

Try disabling the plugins one at a time until the Game Loads

You're not running STEAM, Vortex, SSE and SKSE64 as Administrator are you?

Because SKSE64 shouldn't be working intermittently like that

I'm working on checking the plugins, that's going to take a bit, I'm starting with the new ones.

I'm sure I don't have any Oldrim mods, I got them all from Nexus (except for skse64 itself) and I have SSE as a favorite, and don't have Oldrim as one. I always search specifically in the SSE miss. And everything worked fine until I tried installing SKSE64.

I think I'm only running skse64 as administrator. I will check the others, thanks!

Not only did I try disabling plugins, I've also tried disabling all the mods I've installed in the last week (including SkyUI, which would have been ironic), one at a time and in combination. None of them changed anything. Also added SSE Engine Fixes mod (including the manually installed files) and that didn't help. Still get the infinite loading screen. SKSE64 has worked very consistently though, which is progress!

And I thought, "maybe the computer wasn't done starting up?" And I tried again, and we're back to skse working and an infinite loading screen. Come to think of it, I think the times when I've had trouble with skse working the last several times have been right after I've restarted the computer. So I know how to fix that now.

Edited by Firefrorefiddle