can't run skyrim at all

ibutler102030

hello all! today i was in a skyrim mood and so i started it up after over 6 months of not playing. i was able to play a little bit, and then i decided that i would like to download some new mods. the ones i chose were all downloaded on nexus. i checked a few times between a couple to make sure the game would still launch. however, after downloading the final one, i couldnt find it in my plugins at all and skyrim wouldnt launch.

the mods i downloaded were The Forgotten City, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul, Ordinater, Campfire, and Beyond Skyrim Bruma. the last one is where it stopped launching. Bruma also didnt show up in my plugins, and even when i tried the skyrim mod organizer it didnt show up on the right panel where you can turn mods on and off. in fact, i got a notification that there was a failure to read both bruma and campfire. even when uninstalling the two and trying to run skyrim without it i could get it to load.

im not really a computer person tbh. im not well versed in how mods work and id love some assistance. in the meantime i'll be troubleshooting on my own, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

One more minor comment about your choice of mods.

These are all big and game-changing.

You would be far better served by setting up a "Forgotten City" profile and use that for just that mod.

Same for Beyond Skyrim Bruma. Have a Bruma profile.

In general - test new mods on their own in their own profile or a Testing profile before you add them to your main game.