Does/Can Vortex Set up F4SE and NVSE Automatically?

Ethandavid141

*Title

In the image provided, it shows launching directly through the script editor/extender as an option, but will having SE mods in the mods section then launching through the SE then ignore the normal process for installing and using SE mods? Usually there's a longer process to it, and with FO4 and FNV I've always wanted to use SE mods, however I've also been too lazy to set up the respective SE's so I've settled with the ability to one time click and use the mods I have. Stuff like ENBs use SE mods too, so if this helps me in anyway, can someone explain how that part works?

Setting up the script extender involves installing it properly.
You're better off following the install instructions in the F4SE zip file to install it.

Then it's just a matter of clicking ADD TOOL, clicking on the folder icon in the TARGET Box, navigating to F4SE in your Fallout 4 game root directory and clicking SAVE

Vortex-dashboard-add-tool.jpg

Then you just click the 3 vertical dots and select MAKE PRIMARY.
Now F4SE will start automatically when you start the game

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

You're better off following the install instructions in the F4SE zip file to install it

Okay, say I shut up and do it all, will launching directly through that cause complications with my mods already in Vortex?

You're better off following the install instructions in the F4SE zip file to install it

Okay, say I shut up and do it all, will launching directly through that cause complications with my mods already in Vortex?

It takes less than a minute to 'do it all'

No, why would it?

All it's going to do is automatically run F4SE, if you don't have any mods that use F4SE, then F4SE will run, and that's it, it won't have anything to do.

However, if you have F4SE mods installed, then you'll be notified that the mods are running up in the left hand corner when you start a game