Issues with Pay Pal payments over the past couple of weeks

Dark0ne

We've noticed an increase in support tickets recently related to payments failing when attempting to purchase Supporter or Premium Membership on the site. This issue seems to have only affected a small subset of people who have purchased membership through Pay Pal, but it's important I get the word out so these users are not out of pocket or out of membership they legitimately paid for on the site.

Paypal are a bunch of douchenozzles. And on the payroll of a certain someone I might add... https://i.chzbgr.com/full/4201726976/h731B9102/

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #71749438. #71760963, #71795303 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: In other news, we are not making a profit we swear!
Dark0ne wrote: Said no one on this site, ever.
HomicidalGrouse wrote: You got something against profit? People who provide a service (that you apparently find valuable in some way, evidenced by your presence here) getting paid?

Don't feed the troll.

Personally...I hate PayPal! They want info all the way to your bank acct numbers which I didn't give them. That's where we parted ways. What are our payment options here at Nexus? Sorry, I'm old, I forgot...It's allowed for old farts. :smile:

a. No need to give PayPal your banking info. A CC is adequate.

b. The Nexus accepts either PayPal or CC for Supporter/Premium membership. Perhaps you could use the latter?

• 5 weeks later...
In response to post #72958988.

Thandal wrote:

Personally...I hate PayPal! They want info all the way to your bank acct numbers which I didn't give them. That's where we parted ways. What are our payment options here at Nexus? Sorry, I'm old, I forgot...It's allowed for old farts. :smile:

b. The Nexus accepts either PayPal or CC for Supporter/Premium membership. Perhaps you could use the latter?

I'm not sure where you are located. I live in the United States of America. I use a store-purchased American Express debit card called A BlueBird card for all of my online purchases. Unfortunately "Nexus" does not accept my Bluebird American Express card and my bank requires my special permission to do overseas purchases which I basically refuse to do anyway. So, I have the Bluebird card connected to my PayPal account. This prevents anyone from being able to get any of my normal banking info. If you live in an "other-than" third-world country there is probably some kind of a pay as you go debit card available for use in the same way. I hope this helps. Edited by KOROGG

• 1 month later...
In response to post #72958988. #73702868 is also a reply to the same post.

Thandal wrote:

KOROGG wrote: I'm not sure where you are located. I live in the United States of America. I use a store-purchased American Express debit card called A BlueBird card for all of my online purchases. Unfortunately "Nexus" does not accept my Bluebird American Express card and my bank requires my special permission to do overseas purchases which I basically refuse to do anyway. So, I have the Bluebird card connected to my PayPal account. This prevents anyone from being able to get any of my normal banking info. If you live in an "other-than" third-world country there is probably some kind of a pay as you go debit card available for use in the same way. I hope this helps.

@ccjr57 How old are you ?
I use PayPal and have for years, great way to pay. :)

• 1 year later...