problems with light sources flickering/turning on and off

Demonik420

• 5 months later...

Eso1: no, your problem seems to be different character caused by incorrect mods installations / conflicting mods, for you it's obviously shading error and it is happening in a day time with few light sources (only one like the sun I think) for you.

In fact, I have exactly same problem as Demonik420, thank you for the video and for letting us know about the engine limitations - it's been one and half of a year since this your post and I have now same problem and looking for solution....

Strange is that I haven't noticed this problem before with earlier version of ENB (Im using realvison 0.251b now)... but the problem is exactly the same - dark areas or exteriors at night when I cast a light speel and rotating camera, textures start to flicker from dark to light according to direction of looking....

Edited by PsyenceFiction

• 5 months later...

Eso1: no, your problem seems to be different character caused by incorrect mods installations / conflicting mods, for you it's obviously shading error and it is happening in a day time with few light sources (only one like the sun I think) for you.

In fact, I have exactly same problem as Demonik420, thank you for the video and for letting us know about the engine limitations - it's been one and half of a year since this your post and I have now same problem and looking for solution....

Strange is that I haven't noticed this problem before with earlier version of ENB (Im using realvison 0.251b now)... but the problem is exactly the same - dark areas or exteriors at night when I cast a light speel and rotating camera, textures start to flicker from dark to light according to direction of looking....

Since you posted recently....I thought I would follow up. I first noticed this issue at Windhelm since coming back to play after having purchase the "Legendary" bundle on Steam. That said my game was heavily modded, and I had just spent hours addressing a naked model issue with female smithy in Windhelm. Long story short, I tore out each and every mod I had installed....The culprit, the Unofficial Skyrim patch. As soon as I removed it from my load order, first mod in my list the issues went away. I first noticed this on the bridge out of Windhelm, but expect it to be in other places as I only took the time to fix the bridge.....In the unofficial patch they turned the torches into light casting varieties, which caused problems if there where additional light sources being cast (self, follower, spell, or guards). By removing the element from their esp I fixed the issue. A quick way to test would be to remove the unofficial patches from your load order.

Typing from a phone...so please be lenient of my grammar and punctuation.

-R

Edited by Rujoco

Since you posted recently....I thought I would follow up. I first noticed this issue at Windhelm since coming back to play after having purchase the "Legendary" bundle on Steam. That said my game was heavily modded, and I had just spent hours addressing a naked model issue with female smithy in Windhelm. Long story short, I tore out each and every mod I had installed....The culprit, the Unofficial Skyrim patch. As soon as I removed it from my load order, first mod in my list the issues went away. I first noticed this on the bridge out of Windhelm, but expect it to be in other places as I only took the time to fix the bridge.....In the unofficial patch they turned the torches into light casting varieties, which caused problems if there where additional light sources being cast (self, follower, spell, or guards). By removing the element from their esp I fixed the issue. A quick way to test would be to remove the unofficial patches from your load order.

Typing from a phone...so please be lenient of my grammar and punctuation.

-R

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...