Game crashes while loading autosave

I was messing around 'the fort' when I tried to reload an old save.

The game froze then CTD

Complete Newbie to modding scene any ideas would be much help

Thanks - Nuka

LOG:

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\rwo_plugin.dll (00000001 RWO Plugin 04020020) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dll (00000001 sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover 00004124) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\ui_organizer.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\ui_organizer.dll (00000001 UI Organizer Plugin 000000D0) loaded correctly
max id = 000028C2
console commands
script commands
patched
init complete
Hook_DirectInput8Create_Execute
DeleteGameHook: C:\Users\mitch\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\quicksave.fos
deleting C:\Users\mitch\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\quicksave.nvse
NVSE DLL DoPreLoadGameHook: autosave.fos
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading array variables
Loading strings
NVSE DLL DoLoadGameHook: autosave.fos
NVSE DLL DoPostLoadGameHook: autosave.fos
Function must be used within a Set statement or NVSE expression

You have a corrupted "autosave" file. The ".fos" file is created by the game "save file" process (either manual or auto). The ".nvse" file is a companion created by and for the NVSE added information associated with that same ".fos" save file. What the log is saying is that NVSE is trying to "hook" into the "autosave.fos" file and failing because of a "bad" statement. That's the corruption.

For you the bad news is that there are only a couple of "autosave" files. If that is all you are using for "saves", then you're very limited to how far "back in time" you can go. I've never relied upon the built-in game "autosave" process, so I haven't had to try to recover from such a problem myself, but my suggestion would be to look under the "C:\Users\<yourAccountName>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves" folder for all files that begin with "autosave", "rename" the latest "pair" (both ".fos" and "nvse") by adding some extension like ".org" so the game will ignore them and let you use the next oldest one. Repeat as necessary and the files permit. "Rename" instead of "delete" as a precaution in case it fails to work and someone else has a better idea.

Perform a "Clean Save" (see the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article) after recovering the save.

If you are unable to get back to a "good" version of the "autosave" file, or even if you do, please see the paragraph about "auto-saves" under the 'Essentials for Getting Started' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

I see you have the game installed to the default "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree. Please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

Disabling "User Account Control" (UAC) only stops Windows from prompting you to grant "administrative" credentials to an application that the system says must have a "UAC elevation". Disabling UAC does not automatically then enable the permission for such applications. Instead, (for all intents and purposes) it automatically denies them. (Please read this MS article on how it works in Win10. The basics have been there since the inception of UAC with Vista.)

-Dubious-