Infinite loading screen, mods, skse64, & vortex

Firefrorefiddle

It turns out that it's not that I need to give the game an extra minute or two after restarting the computer for skse64 to start up, it's that the first time I start Skyrim after restarting the computer it's like skse64 isn't there, but the second time I start it up, it is.

Also I think the lack of a "full" restart might not be new, it might have been happening all along even when the game worked. I realized I don't remember.

Reading this topic, and the one on the LE forum I haven't any idea what could be your trouble.

When this should happen to me I know I remove skyrim and vortex, deleted the remaining directories, clean the windows register, and reinstall everything again.

I know it is somewhat drastic but it always work.

I've thought about it, but I've also sent an email to the skse team, and I want to give them a good long while to respond first. It's summer, they might be on vacation, and it's a volunteer thing for them anyway. But if I never hear back I'll probably just uninstall skse. Though there are a bunch of mods I was looking forward to- there are some things in Legacy of the Dragonborn that don't work without SkyUI, and Simply Knock is pretty awesome sounding.

After uninstalling and reinstalling skse64, again, I was still having the thing where on the first time the game loaded since the computer starting up, skse64 wasn't working, but as of the second time, it did work, but I got an infinite loading screen. So I tried a new thing- I started a new game while skse wasn't working, got a minute into the game, saved it, quit to desktop, went back in, skse was working, tried to start the game again. And this time got an error message that "the following files which that save depended on cannot be found, do you still want to try" and it listed all the game master files followed by the first mods on my load order, but it couldn't list everything so there was a ....

So SKSE64 is starting the game- I'm starting via the .exe file, though I'm not running it as administrator, I turned that off and everything was just like before- but when it's working, it can't find the game?

Oh and memory isn't the problem, I checked performance during the infinite load screen and it was at 3.8 GB. That should be no sweat.

Edited by Firefrorefiddle

...okay, so I had the skse loader set to not run as administrator, but started not loading skse at all when it was like that- I kept trying the getskseversion command and getting nothing- so I set it to administrator again and now I'm back to it finding skse but not finding the game files.

• 1 month later...

Would you please clarrify where the period was? My issues are very close to yours and setup and attempted fixes the same. I am up to 149 mods stable. Added a few more using Vortex. Then infinite loading screen. Removed the newly added mods one at a time and still infinite loading screen after testing each one. Thanks.