Vortex.exe deleted itself

Antioch666

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex.exe disappeared for me too.

I can say it's not about an overracting antivirus because I have none active, and my vortex.exe have disappear AGAIN since the latest update. It's been two update it mess up itself. I just have to redownload the installer I suppose. But seriously if update messup the software itself, its purpose is really unproductive haha. You know what, before I pushed the update button, I was afraid it cause something wrong again :D Don't know what's going on with the update process, but it's not because of an antivirus I can assure you. (Of course in other case it may be). Vortex.exe or any Vortex renamed are not present in the folder anyways.

Re-installation is successful. Mods are all up. Everything is back to normal. (the last time everything disappeared even the mod haha).
You should recheck maybe the update process in details, must have something to do with that, this is the ONLY problem I had since the begining with Vortex.
I'm SURE next time vortex tell me HEY THERE IS AN UPDATE! ....I'll download it manually ahha

HAve a nice day!.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Posting here because I woke up today and my install had disappeared too and this is where google brought me. No reference to it in my start menu, no longer an icon on my desktop or taskbar. The folder is just gone. It was present about 8 hours ago, hadn't made any changes or installed any new mods. I think the only thing I might've done was open up the creation kit to peek at some esps, but I didn't save anything. Had to kill the ck task because it hanged on close. Security programs haven't reported anything.

Posting here because I woke up today and my install had disappeared too and this is where google brought me. No reference to it in my start menu, no longer an icon on my desktop or taskbar. The folder is just gone. It was present about 8 hours ago, hadn't made any changes or installed any new mods. I think the only thing I might've done was open up the creation kit to peek at some esps, but I didn't save anything. Had to kill the ck task because it hanged on close. Security programs haven't reported anything.

Do you have it set to auto update?

• 4 months later...