Vortex.exe deleted itself

Antioch666

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Vortex uninstalled itself today from my computer - and antivirus is not to blame, no logs there about such actions.

If you use Windows Defender, turn off Controlled Folder Access.

Programs CANNOT Delete themselves on their own.

If they could, then EVERYBODY would be having this problem, instead it's only a handful of people, and it usually ends up being Windows Defender, or their AV.

everytime there is an update, vortex.exe gets deleted and the new one does not install

its mildly obnoxious

What AntiVirus do you use?

So far, this has been the majority of the problem, that AV software/Windows Defender blocks the entire installation, or partial installation of Vortex.

It's even mentioned on the github for the Libraries that are packaged with Vortex.

It's one of two things. Your anti-virus is overly aggressive or you(or Vortex) attempted an update and it went wrong.

That's happened to me today. As the others peoples, no harm, just need a reinstallation. Of course, I don't believe that Vortex have delete itself; is more likely another windows component who is responsible. I just want to understand to fix this permanently. I'm not comfortable with a component who can delete a program without my consent.

I had an auto reboot last night due to windows update, its maybe related.

Edited by Ozorvals