how to increase the number of zeds in a horde?

danielduarte

"Zombies.Horde.MaxSize" variable.

Breakdown reads the values from sandbox for the appropriate level: <RTSValue OutputAmount="8" OutputId="Sandbox.Zombie.MaxHordeSize" />

These are converted in rtsevents, Id="SandboxEvent_ClearZombieData" as <RTSStat_MultiplyAdd MultiplyBy="Sandbox.Zombie.MaxHordeSize" OutputAmount="1" OutputId="Zombies.Horde.MaxSize" PauseWhenOffline="" />

There is no direct mechanism to adjust in the standard game, but you could add a similar method in <Event Id="fsEvent.UpdateZombiePercentages">.

You would have to add the variable to <Group Name="Zombies"> in rtsdata also.

Edited by qmjs

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, couldn't really do it the way I intended but it worked out in a similar way. really appreciate your help.

"Zombies.Horde.MaxSize" variable.

Breakdown reads the values from sandbox for the appropriate level: <RTSValue OutputAmount="8" OutputId="Sandbox.Zombie.MaxHordeSize" />

These are converted in rtsevents, Id="SandboxEvent_ClearZombieData" as <RTSStat_MultiplyAdd MultiplyBy="Sandbox.Zombie.MaxHordeSize" OutputAmount="1" OutputId="Zombies.Horde.MaxSize" PauseWhenOffline="" />

There is no direct mechanism to adjust in the standard game, but you could add a similar method in <Event Id="fsEvent.UpdateZombiePercentages">.

You would have to add the variable to <Group Name="Zombies"> in rtsdata also.

• 1 year later...

In zombietypes, see <ZombieGroup Type="Horde"> and <ZombieGroup Type="Infestation">.

By default, they contain variants of the standard zombies, which differ only in animation.

In the same file, ther are several <ZombieFreakGroup entries, which contain the zombies that appear whenever a particular type of zombie spawns, where
ContextTag="Juggernaut" is what is spawned, creating an EntityClass="Juggernaut" zombie.

I don't know if adapting some of those values (ZombieDef) from the ZombieFreakGroup entries into the Horde or Infestation would work, but that is where I would start looking.

I have already looked up there even before posting. The thing that confused me was there was no mention of "screamer" in any of the AnimGroup(SubAnimgroups!) related to Infestation.

I searched all the files and reached the conclusion that screamers must have been introduced by exe file.

That is probably true, when a horde reaches a destination building and infests it, I would expect there to be a process to change from horde to infestation.

I think it is likely similar to the <Infestation ActorFlags="Spawn" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="-1" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="10000.0" SearchRangeMin="0.0" /> used to create the initial infestations on the map (enclaves) when starting a new level, or <Infestation ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="-1" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="250.0" SearchRangeMin="0.0" /> with an infestation mission. I don't see any particular configurations for those.