Faction Problem - Cannot get new vampire NPCs to talk like Vampires

I've been trying to get my vampire lord NPCs to rattle off the generic vampire combat barks, but I'm not having much success.

According to the DialogueCombatEncounterTypes quest, NPCs need to be attached to the vampire faction to be eligible to say them; furthermore, only certain voicetypes have recordings for these lines (Orcs, Dunmer, Female Sultry, Female Condescending and MaleSlyCynical, specifically).

Trouble is, all my vampire lord NPCs have original Dunmer voice types, and are members of the vampire faction, yet when I use console commands to spawn them in-game they instead use the regular Dunmer lines. Unless I'm missing something they satisfy all the criteria. My suspicion is that my faction changes in creation kit don't quite make it to the game. I can spawn in groups of my custom mythic dawn members and they will begin to fight each other, and the same with my vampires. Is there anything that could be causing this issue? I'm sure there are no mod conflicts that could be causing it.

I have no idea how to proceed.

As far as I can see, vampires only have two voice types: male and female.

Their speech is controlled by the quest DLC1dialogueVampire.

For your actors you need to assign either male or female vampire voice types to them, ie DLC1maleVampire or DLC1femaleVampire. This is done in the traits tab for the NPC.

As for the in-fighting, this is probably a faction issue but I'd need to know how you set their factions up to try to help. I've made new races, factions etc and they 'generally' behave correctly but factions seem a bit iffy (unless I don't fully understand them either!)

Let me know if this helps.

P.S. have you made new races for your NPCs? I find that doing so makes it a lot easier in the long-run because you're not inadvertently carrying over anything from the race that they are based on. It also gives you the flexibility to alter basic race characteristics, like health regen etcetera.

I hadn't considered the influence of Dawnguard on vampire dialogue, so I'll have to look in to that. That said, since my last post I came up with a workaround for my faction issue by using templates to link my vampire and bandit NPCs to both pre-existing and new custom actor archetypes, following that they say the appropriate things in combat. Originally, I had just assigned each one directly to the "vampirefaction" or "banditfaction" but for whatever reason that change didn't seem to stick.

Creating new races has been very useful to me for the creation of some my NPCs, but primarily for the new vampire creatures I'm implementing. There is evidence in the creation kit and in Dawnguard lore that Bethesda intended the "Feral Falmer" to be vampiric, so I've created a new race of said creatures that spawn around the game with vampire abilities. Thankfully, that side of the project has been moving smoothly.

Thanks for the insight!