I just had an amazing idea.

budgidiere

So one of the big issues with modding games is voice acting. It's very hard and expensive to get high quality voice acting and almost impossible to make new voice lines for old charters of the PC. So i found this website: https://lyrebird.ai I think i might be possible to feed it lines from NPCs or the PC and get high quality voice lines for free. I am not home so I can not try it but if someone wants to experiment that would be great.

So one of the big issues with modding games is voice acting. It's very hard and expensive to get high quality voice acting and almost impossible to make new voice lines for old charters of the PC. So i found this website: https://lyrebird.ai I think i might be possible to feed it lines from NPCs or the PC and get high quality voice lines for free. I am not home so I can not try it but if someone wants to experiment that would be great.

I was thinking similarly, but having played with text-to-voice for several years, (actually a couple decades), what I've personally found is that where it fails is in vocal expression!, ie, emotive abilities. Admittedly, it can, to some degree be mitigated by various inflection tricks in the source text document it reads/translates, but it's been hit or miss in my experience. And ime, those edits can be incredibly tedious more for some than others, but most "cool" voices (ie, not MS Sam) are even more so. Perhaps it's gotten better. Although their posted examples don't give me a great deal of hope.

I do agree though, that in the long run it may be "the way" to the future.