loot groups and load order question

ReaperDragon4

after I listened to Gopher's tutorial on load order and loot groups it was easier to understand but it left me with a question... what sorts of mods should I be prioritizing in terms of groups and load order? Some of the sorts I use are the Armor weapon keywords types of mods, cut content mods, patches, two or three different faction overhauls, settlement objects including a heavy emphasis on sustainable living type things such as small space food production, solar and wind power, recycling (read scrapping, scavenging tinkering type things). I will ocassionally try to do a horizon playthrough but tend to get issues with npcs when i combine it with all the other mods I have.

Most of my bugs in general tend to involve NPCs and settlements. Two of the mods I put really heavy emphasis on protecting and keeping are "danse dilemma" (because I love Danse and hate the BoS) and the "we are the minutemen" mod because it helps level the playing field between the minutemen and other factions and the designs for uniforms and equipment make more sense post the quest "taking independence." (BoS OP plz nerf :P.)

As far as settlements go, I tend to focus on boundary increase, increased numbers of items i can scrap, and occasionally (though not lately) increased budget. But its more important to me for a settlement near water to be able to control and build on that water than it is to have more "things" in the settlement. I will also add objects that I think make life in the world of fallout more believable, including being able to make clothing, food production and preservation, and creatures that can be raised and slaughtered for meat and hide.

I'm hoping that the sorts of mods I like will help you find suggestions for how to arrange my load and loot order and give you a better idea of the sorts of bugs I tend to get as well as suggest alternatives that won't put as much of a strain on my computer.

after I listened to Gopher's tutorial on load order and loot groups it was easier to understand but it left me with a question... what sorts of mods should I be prioritizing in terms of groups and load order? Some of the sorts I use are the Armor weapon keywords types of mods, cut content mods, patches, two or three different faction overhauls, settlement objects including a heavy emphasis on sustainable living type things such as small space food production, solar and wind power, recycling (read scrapping, scavenging tinkering type things). I will ocassionally try to do a horizon playthrough but tend to get issues with npcs when i combine it with all the other mods I have.

Most of my bugs in general tend to involve NPCs and settlements. Two of the mods I put really heavy emphasis on protecting and keeping are "danse dilemma" (because I love Danse and hate the BoS) and the "we are the minutemen" mod because it helps level the playing field between the minutemen and other factions and the designs for uniforms and equipment make more sense post the quest "taking independence." (BoS OP plz nerf :tongue:.)

As far as settlements go, I tend to focus on boundary increase, increased numbers of items i can scrap, and occasionally (though not lately) increased budget. But its more important to me for a settlement near water to be able to control and build on that water than it is to have more "things" in the settlement. I will also add objects that I think make life in the world of fallout more believable, including being able to make clothing, food production and preservation, and creatures that can be raised and slaughtered for meat and hide.

I'm hoping that the sorts of mods I like will help you find suggestions for how to arrange my load and loot order and give you a better idea of the sorts of bugs I tend to get as well as suggest alternatives that won't put as much of a strain on my computer.

Don't go down that rabbit hole.

Just let the built in LOOT in Vortex do it's thing and be done with it.

Also, how does this pertain to Vortex?

The good news is that Vortex with integrated LOOT will successfully sort your plugin load order with minimal input from you. That leaves you free to deal with resolving file conflicts, which is something you have to do and not Vortex. (After all, how would Vortex know whether you like Raider gals smothered in mud and grime or Raider gals freshly scrubbed, perfectly coiffed, and smelling of the latest Ode de Commonwealth?)

That said, I would urge you to take a test drive with Vortex to check out these claims. Please don't use Vortex for a current game in which you've invested a significant portion of your life!

My experience with Vortex is considerable, dating back over a year to the alpha days of Vortex. I've personally found that it does exactly what I have described in my opening sentences.