If they don't return with more questions, it is generally assumed they resolved the problem or gave up completely. But usually in the latter case they say so in a last hope someone else has a solution.

* Be aware that one error may mask a number of other errors, which will not appear until those masking them have been resolved. Building a stable game consists of resolving each problem individually until none remain, and then realizing that every change you make thereafter (including updates to mods already installed) run the risk of introducing new problems. Be prepared to revert to a previous save if you do so.

In your case, I am assuming you are running Win10? Since the Win10 April 2018 Update (aka "1803" or "Redstone 4") it supposedly is not necessary to run FNV in any compatibility mode. (I say "supposedly" as I am still on Win7). Make sure you have been applying your system updates.

Otherwise I recommend you see the the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-