Weird issue with Project Nevada Sprinting and Hoarder trait

jman150

I ran into something weird while trying to sprint with the hoarder trait. When I'm over what my carry weight would be without the trait, I can no longer sprint. When I drop enough stuff to be under what my carry weight would be without the hoarder trait, everything works fine again. Interestingly, I can still run while over my base carry weight but under by total carry weight, just not sprint. Is there anything I can do on my end, or is the mod just written in a way that they don't work together? Is this a known issue with a patch on the nexus?

Sounds like a mod conflict.

We REALLY need to see a "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

Player.GetAV CarryWeight for some reason doesn't get updated by the hoarder trait.

All I did was:

If Player.HasPerk NVDLC03TraitHoarder == 1
	Set ActualCarryWeight To Player.GetAV CarryWeight + 25
Else
	Set ActualCarryWeight To Player.GetAV CarryWeight
EndIf

Thanks for the details. Added 'Issue - DLC Old World Blues - Hoarder Trait with PN Sprint is broken' to the "Misc" section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

As this is actually a fix for a broken Trait, you might want to consider publishing it as it's own "patch" mod rather than as part of that collection. I'm sure there are people who aren't even aware the problem exists.

-Dubious-