Getting mods to work with either manual or with assistanse

IsakBergenheim

I'm too much of a noob to be sure exactly whay I'm doing.. So, please send some aid.

I have Skyrim regular version, and decided to use the assistsned program that's taken the place of the Nexus program.

And I got it working just fine, but a few of the mods decided to not work since I didn't have the DLC's.

So, I purchased Special Edition, with all the DLC's, and decided to give it a go.

Now, this didn't work att all. I used the program (Vortex?) and the first thing that really didn't work was the script extender, witch worked fine for the previous skyrim-version.
I tried, and tried, and eventually the game stopped working. I tried by disabling one mod at a time, and found out that a huge problem was the SKYUI, and a mod I had trying to get m 1440*3440 to work properly. And, once I got the game working again, none of the mods where Active.

I tried searching around different forums, and I get the feeling that the problem was the Script Extender, and that I most likely didn't get it to work properly, and that this was an issue with the Special Edition-version of the game.

Now, i Re-installed it, deleted all the stuff I downloaded and got the game working just fine. I am going to add some mods now, to get the experience I want out of skyrim, and my question is, how do I get to it?

Unfortunately I'm not bad enough not knowing what I am doing, and nog good enough to properly identify where things has gone wrong, and I really want to learn how to work mods and stuff.

What do you pros recommend?

Sincenerely

There are different SKSE for LE and SE. You need SKSE64 for Skyrim SE.

Current SE version is 2.0.16 http://skse.silverlock.org/

Also dont install mods for LE (oldrim) to SE.

Othervise you should just be able to easy download SE mods automatic with Vortex, install and activate them and then let the built in Loot sort them.

Use the "Knowlege Base" in Vortex! There you have all information you need.

Always read the description of the mod you are about to download... all of the description... always! So you really understand what the mod will do to your game.

There are different SKSE for LE and SE. You need SKSE64 for Skyrim SE.

Current SE version is 2.0.16 http://skse.silverlock.org/

Also dont install mods for LE (oldrim) to SE.

Othervise you should just be able to easy download SE mods automatic with Vortex, install and activate them and then let the built in Loot sort them.

Use the "Knowlege Base" in Vortex! There you have all information you need.

Always read the description of the mod you are about to download... all of the description... always! So you really understand what the mod will do to your game.

Thank you so much! Much, much appreciated!