Cannot Download New Mods (Older mods work fine)

Lollia

I've been having a problem for about two days now. I cannot download the newest uploaded mods. I can download older mods, though. (Like the Sinister Seven on the Skyrim section of the Nexus.)

I successfully managed to download Diverse Effect Icons OBSE on the Oblivion section of the Nexus, and that was uploaded on the 13th of this July. If I try to download anything newer, however, the download popup appears for a split second and then transfers to a totally encrypted webpage.

Curiously, the Nexus seems to think that I have actually managed to properly download the files (I have not.) It will even let me Endorse files that I have never managed to download.

I first noticed the problem when I tried to download FleshFX, True Nordic Trolls and True Tavern Music.

I am not certain if it is related, but at the same time: I discovered that I cannot login to the Nexus except if I happen to be in the forum section. Otherwise, the Captcha never appears and the load effect never stops spinning. Logging in while on the forum section poses no issues whatsoever.

If I post a comment while on the actual mod page (not in forum-view), the comment is stuck in a spinning animation and never appears to be posted. However, if I open a new page and return to the one I posted on, I find that the comment is indeed posted. But the other page (if kept open) is still spinning.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Edited by Lollia

I am replying to myself due to new information:

I decided to try downloading yet another new file today. Once again I was redirected to an encrypted page. I watched it carefully for thirty or so seconds. The page continued to load while the encrypted jumble of utter babble continued to grow at an alarming rate. I opened my Task Manager and watched as the encrypted webpage devoured more and more memory. Since the page wouldn't stop loading, I had to use Task Manager to force it away.

I have also managed to come across two other users who are having the same trouble with the encrypted webpage and download failure.

I would sincerely like to know just what the heck is going on.

Edited by Lollia

Hello,

It's an issue with IE11/Edge not being able to identify the contents as a downloadable file. That mess you're seeing (and ever growing) is the file actually being downloaded directly into your browser, rather than properly, as an actual file.

We're looking into it today, but the fact this issue only affects IE11/Edge and none of the other major browsers might hint as to the quality of those particular browsers.

Thank you for responding. I'll let some of the other affected users know about the cause.

I understand your hint about the browser, but I still hope that the issue can be resolved.