Fallout Mod Manager crashes every time I add a file

Omny

Every time I try to log in to the Package Manager, regardless of whether I check "remember my password" or not. The only way to get into the Package Manager window is to hit "cancel".

But that's not the annoying part: the annoying part is that every time I add a new FOMod, it crashes. The file I added is still there when I open FOMM back up, but it's still an absolute pain in the ass.

I took a look at the crashdump file it gave me, but it's all gobbedygook to me. I don't suppose anyone here knows what the hell all this is supposed to mean?

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 8:29:09 AM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath, NexusAPI p_nxaNexus)

at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)

at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.addFOMODToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.PerformClick()

at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please please PLEASE someone help me. This is really annoying.

Logging into the Nexus to check mod versions for updates hasn't worked in FOMM for a long time, and I don't remember it ever working for New Vegas.

Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local and delete the FOMM folder there. This will wipe out the program's user configuration and force it to create a new one when you run it again.

• 2 weeks later...
To fix your login error, try opening up fomm and then go to the settings and uncheck all the general options, this will stop the login prompt for package manager and you will be able to use it again.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

To fix your login error, try opening up fomm and then go to the settings and uncheck all the general options, this will stop the login prompt for package manager and you will be able to use it again.

Yep, worked fine here too. Fixed every crash I was getting, thanks much :)

• 3 years later...

mine keeps crashing every time a try and install two of two wastelands and i don't know what to do

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 8:23:36 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Fomm.PackageManager.fomod+fomodLoadException: This fomod requires a newer version of Fallout mod manager to load.
Expected 2.9.4
at Fomm.PackageManager.fomod.LoadInfo()
at Fomm.PackageManager.fomod..ctor(String path, Boolean p_booUseCache)
at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath, NexusAPI p_nxaNexus)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.addFOMODToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.PerformClick()
at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Please help
Edited by Alexander0713

• 4 weeks later...

Logging into the Nexus to check mod versions for updates hasn't worked in FOMM for a long time, and I don't remember it ever working for New Vegas.

Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local and delete the FOMM folder there. This will wipe out the program's user configuration and force it to create a new one when you run it again.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

when I try to link in packagae menager, I have a problem to log in, here what crash dump said in the file

System.Net.WebException: La connexion sous-jacente a été fermée : Une erreur inattendue s'est produite lors de l'envoi. ---> System.IO.IOException: Réception d'un EOF inattendu ou de 0 octet du flux de transport.
à System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
à System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
à System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
à System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
à System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
à WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login(String p_strUsername, String p_strPassword)
à WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login()
à Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.WebsiteLogin()
à Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager..ctor(MainForm mf)
à Fomm.MainForm.bPackageManager_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
System.IO.IOException: Réception d'un EOF inattendu ou de 0 octet du flux de transport.
à System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
à System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
à System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
à System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
à System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
à System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)