[FO4, PC] Help giving a creature companion a ranged attack in the Creation Kit

JRA89

(Skip if you don't care why) In Skyrim, I made a custom familiar which could use spells, and I'd love to have the same experience in FO4. The narrative explanation of how a wolf would have a ranged attack in the world of Fallout is by being a mutant or a robot, so I decided I would pretend she's equipped with a laser or something. Ideally I'd prefer her to attack with the Mesmetron attack Robobrains have, but I'd be more than happy if she would fire a blue or red laser beam.

I need to create a custom Far Harbor wolf with a ranged attack.

The way I did it back in Skyrim, since I learned wolfs didn't have a way to use spells (slots, or animations, most probably), is by using the Attack Data tab "Attack Spell" form so she could use it as base attacks. She aimed too low, so I ended using a Target Actor delivey instead of Aimed. It worked perfectly. The most difficult thing was balancing the fact that she would have perfect aim and unlimited magicka, so I had to tweak the damage, Recovery Time of the attack and Combat Style. She was an awesome companion.

In Skyrim, I only needed to assign a Projectile in the Magic Effect I created and it would automatically give the spell the projectile, the lighting and sound of the spell I pretended she was casting (Firebolt, Frenzy, Paralyze, etc). This does not work in Fallout. The magic effect works, but there's no visible projectile. She ony bites at a distance (45 ft).

I tried copying how bloatflies spit their venom, by creating a weapon with EitherHand Equip Type, selecting "Gun" in the Equip Types in her Race and put it in her inventory along with some ammo. She could technically be able to use it, since wolves have both Right and Left hands Equip Slots. Then I removed her Unarmed Weapon wolves have so she would only use her new "Gun". It doesn't work either. She runs away: I assume she has no way to deal damage and she feels defenceless. I guess it has to do with the animations.

I have absolutely no idea of doing scripts, so that possibility is totally out of question.

SO... Anyone?

If no one can figure out a way to do it, I suppose I'll go with this: I've assigned two spells to her basic attacks where she's supposed to electrocute her enemy at twice the distance a wolf would normally attack, having a 25% chance of paralysing them or causing them to frenzy, and then run away. (Damage health magic effect with a blue spark Casting Light, shock damage Hit Shader and electrical trap Impact data set, and other two Hit Shaders on the other effects).

Edited by JRA89