Mods not working at all with vortex (for fallout 3 GOTY)

votsisjr

Dear support,

(if this is accidently the wrong location to post this please relocate my post to the correct forum but to me this seems like the correct place)

I have an issue with making fallout 3 GOTY modded work. I cannot make ANY mod work because no form of archive invalidation (including vortex workaround) is working.

Here is a list of what i have tried:

Every diffrent attempt was made by using a clean install of the game which has been launched once (and 1 attempt without launching the game).

1: Using vortex Archive invalidation (in the workarounds setting)

2: Using an mod called Archive invalidation invalidated (applied with vortex client - i have tried using both version at the same time and using only 1 version at the same time.

3: Manually applying Archive invalidation

4: Looking at multiple forum posts and attempting what they have done (have tried over 5 posts but nothing worked)

I have spent a total of 10 hours to make modded work but it just aint working for me. I claim myself that i have an advanced issue that is difficult to locate.

I use the vortex launcher.

I have windows 10

I have a mod staging folder

I use the steam Game of the Year version (latest update)

I have the latest version of vortex as of 26-7-2019 I cannot find which version this is.

( i used vortex for modding Stardew Valley (another game), this worked.

I am frustrated and sad that i cannot make it work.

Preferably i would like for somebody to use a program to watch with me to locate the issue (EX: discord screen share - or another similair application like teamviewer). In my suggestion this will be the most easy method of locating the issue.

The game works WITHOUT mods fine.

So no matter what i attempt Archive invalidation is not working and because of this i cannot use any form of mods.

Thank you in advance for replying to my post and i hope we can work out a solution together because i am truly clueless and puzzled as to what the issue is.

You say a lot - but you never actually say how you arrived at the conclusion Archive Invalidation does not work.

Lets make sure your mods are getting installed first.

Name one of your mods you say is not working.

Is it Enabled and Deployed?

Did you look in your game directory and find the plugins and any loose files that are part of the mod?

Is the ini file appropriately modified for Archive Invalidation?

Adding to what others have already said, Archive Invalidation does no affect whether your modded game launches or not. If your mods are properly installed, the game should launch even with Archive Invalidation disabled. The absence of Archive Invalidation only affects whether or not mods will show up properly in the game, but it does not prevent the game from being launched.

My guess is that you have a mod or mods that are causing your modded game not to launch. To solve this problem, first make sure you have Archive Invalidation properly installed. As HadToRegister has suggested, use Archive Invalidation Invalidated and install manually. Set up your Fallout.ini as he advised, and make sure to add "BSA Redirection.bsa" to the game folder. Then test one mod at a time to find out where your problem is.

There seems to be a confusion going on (perhaps i dident explain properly?)

@rmm200 When i install a mod that needs it vortex display (archive invalidation does not appear to be active) Thats the conclusion that it dont work. (mods dont work at all so i can name anything for example Farms of the wasteland or Ashur's speech line)

@HadToRegister Yes my archive section has these lines or modding wont work at all.

@Augusta Calidia I never said the game dident launch (i prolly dident specificy). But the game itself launches fine and works as it should. Just the mods dont work because Archive invalidation does not work.

There seems to be a confusion going on (perhaps i dident explain properly?)

@rmm200 When i install a mod that needs it vortex display (archive invalidation does not appear to be active) Thats the conclusion that it dont work. (mods dont work at all so i can name anything for example Farms of the wasteland or Ashur's speech line)

@HadToRegister Yes my archive section has these lines or modding wont work at all.

@Augusta Calidia I never said the game dident launch (i prolly dident specificy). But the game itself launches fine and works as it should. Just the mods dont work because Archive invalidation does not work.

I asked you to look in your Game directory. Is Farms of the Wasteland.esp there? Are the mod textures in Textures there?

You can see the expected files on the mod download page in Preview. Make sure they are all in the Game directory.

Also for this test - don't use an old save game. Start a new game. A lot of things get baked into a save.

Edited by rmm200

@rmm200 This is not about adding mods this is about Archive invalidation not working. Aslong as it does not work adding mods is simply pointless. They can be added but they will not work.

We ALL know that, but rmm200 is trying to establish if the mods are even getting installed

Check your Data folder and make sure the ESPs and ESMs etc are getting installed, so we can rule that out as part of the problem.