ENB with AMD cards

JoshyGER

Hey guys, so I'm playing Skyrim SE on this system:

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8GB HBM2 (Undervolted, no BIOS flash)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Cores 16 Threads 32Mb-Cache Zen2 7nm (Average 4,25 GHz in Skyrim SE)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit Black (@3200MHz)

I have this modlist, yes, I know it's way too big, but it runs nearly perfectly: https://modwat.ch/u/spcy/modlist. So here's the issue: The game runs butter smooth with ENB disabled, but when I activate it it doesn't. Without ENB, the GPU usage is about 65% to 80% and it runs smoothly at 60 FPS. My CPU usage is about 25% average, but the CPU doesn't matter anyways on the problem. With ENB enabled, the GPU usage pushes to mostly 99%, in some regions it works with about 85% usage and 60 FPS, but in big forests and for example in Riverwood it goes to 99% and the FPS is anything from 45 to 55. This only happens though, when the gaming is running a while. When I start the game, with ENB enabled, my FPS is also smooth with about 55-60 FPS, but only for like a minute. The temperatures aren't a problem though, they barely touch 60 degrees Celsius, even when the usage is 99%. My RX Vega can run SE just fine with hundreds of demanding texture mods etc., but with ENB it won't last long. Is anyone having the same issue, or has about the same pc specs, who has a similar experience? I'm also only playing at 1080p. Since most of you guys probably use a Nvidia graphics card, how much FPS does your ENB cost you? I only use Rudy ENB, which is not really demanding at all. I also tried disabling individual settings and ENB features, but no success. Other ENBs perform about the same. I also tried disabling mods like ENB Light, Particle Patch and More Light for ENB and so on, but no change in FPS with the ENB on. When this issue isn't fixable AND is because of the lacking ENB support for AMD, which graphics card would be good for my modlist with an ENB and stable 60 FPS? I think I would need a GTX 1080 Ti at minimum, but they are very rare and quite expensive nowadays, at least in Germany. Hopefully, someone can help.

Edited by JoshyGER