Modded Necklace Visible in Inventory, on Ground; Invisible on Player

Tathrin

I'm quite new to modding and would appreciate any help or advice people can give me, please!

I am trying to make a new, craftable necklace for the player to wear in game. I used the Amulet of Zenithar as a base and made a new texture, which I attached to a copy of the zenithar meshes via nifscope. I have both the textures and meshes in their appropriate folders (data/textures/armor/amuletsandrings and data/meshes/armor/amuletsandrings/blueflower) and the amulet is showing correctly in nifscope and in the Creation Kit.

When I load the game with the mod installed, it shows up in the appropriate crafting menu with the appropriate image. After crafting, it shows up in my inventory too. If I drop the necklace on the ground, I can see it. When I put it on the player, it shows that it is equipped and the attached enchantment is engaged. However, there is no visible necklace on the player.

I tried with an imperial, an elf, and an orc to see if there was something funky with the races, and no change. I tried with both male and female characters; no change. I checked to make sure it wasn't the clothing getting in the way and even when the character was naked aside from the necklace, it still didn't show up.

I made a mod just like this earlier and did not have any problem with the textures or meshes. I not only followed the same steps to create this mod, I used that mod as a base/shortcut so everything should have worked out exactly the same...and yet, no visible necklace. I checked the game with both mods installed and the original (lavender) necklace worked fine but the new one was invisible; I checked the game with only the new (blueflower) necklace installed, and it still wasn't there.

Looking for tutorials, troubleshooting, and tips has been a dead end. The closest I could find was this thread ("As far as being invisible when equipped that would be due to not putting the nif on to that gender's entry in the armor addon form. There is one other possiblity for invisible armor. You need to apply the _1 version in the armor addon form. You cannot use the _0 version without at least copying and renaming it to _1.") but I have now quadruple-checked my meshes and they are all named correctly and placed correctly.

The only functional difference between the two mods is that the first one was built off the Skaal Amulet and thus used a _gnd while the new one was built off the Amulet of Zenithar which has a _go. Could that be causing the problem? If so, how would I fix it? Can I simply rename the _go to _gnd or do I need to do some kind of conversion?

Any help would be wonderful, please and thank you all so much!

Make sure the texture assignment on the NIF file is data folder relevant rather than including the entire path.

i.e.

Textures > whatever

instead of

C: > whatever

Both Nifskope and the Creation Kit can pull the textures using full location paths but the game cannot.

The only other thing I can think of, that you haven't mentioned, would be if the translation values in the NIF file got messed up and it is hanging inside the player body or some where else just as crazy. Only way to test for that is to toggle the free camera on while in 3rd person and fly around looking for it.