Weapon not following character movement properly

citronblood

Hi,

There is an issue which is really annoying me, so whenever I have a weapon of any kind equipped, including quivers and bolts, they seem to be always a bit slower than my character's movement. It is hard to explain, but basically, when I do a sharp turn (180 degrees), for example tapping the back key when facing forward, or just spinning my mouse really quickly, the weapon/quiver would remain in its previous position for a split second before moving to the new location.

This is really frustrating. If I'm not doing big turns and are just adjusting my direction a little bit, I don't really notice it, but in a hectic fight where I'm running around and dodging, I see the weapon model leaving my hand, or just clip through my character if its sheathed.

Now I don't know what is causing this. Currently I have XMPSE and HDT SMP physics both installed and both working as intended.

If anyone has an idea as to what might be causing this, please let me know.

Thanks.

The issue is mutual pal, and this equipment lagging has started just recently. I think it happens because of the slow processing due to a large number of mods installed (I currently have nearly 200 mods installed) though I am not sure.

I think it's probably all about HDT SMP, because when I disabled it, the problem disappeared.
And yeah, I forgot one more thing, because of HDT SMP I also have a character trembling when moving/swimming when I turn the camera right or left.
So I just installed CBP Physics and set up some bouncing parameters I needed, and there are no more weapons problem and trembling stuff.

Edited by Creighton13

• 3 months later...
This is really annoying, what I notice is that after installing HDT SMP Plugin, whenever you equip something that uses SMP Physics your character will perform a smooth 180º degree rotation, after unequipping such SMP equipment the rotation will not occur...

I believe the idea of this smooth rotation is to prevent physics from going crazy when the character rotates, since in the vanilla version there is no rotation, there is simply a quick movement.

Maybe in the future new physics will be applied to unequipped equipments, so that they can follow the same movement pattern in SMP, or we could have an option to disable this smoothed rotation to avoid mismatching body animation with unsheathed weapons.